Adopting an animal is a kind deed!
Not all animals get to live their best lives, some are living in the shelter and waiting for their loved ones to come adopt them. Some are neglected by their owners while some are wandering in the streets. These animals are full of love and deserve to be loved. Today, we have a compilation of 23 animals who were rescued by their humans and have shown some amazing transformations. So, scroll down and have fun!
1. “My first boy Charlie was abused and starved so badly that he was really scared of everything. Now he is the biggest love bug and will follow me around the house. He is still scared of strangers sometimes, but we are working on it!”
2. From wandering in the streets to napping in the sheets:
She felt at home in just 24 hours.
3. “My good boy, Sawyer. This is the day I found him in the middle of a country road, covered in fleas, and ears full of ticks. Like ticks on top of ticks. The vet guessed he was 5 weeks old. Now he’s about 3 years old and is an amazing ranch dog and the best buddy.”
We can clearly see the confidence in his personality.
4. “This is our handsome boy Cayde. 8 years as a farm dog, discarded at the shelter underweight, and covered in embedded grass seeds. He had a partially torn cruciate ligament and a nasty cough, from inhaling seeds, that has never subsided. We’ve had him for almost 2 years now and love him infinitely.”
Nothing compares to that beautiful smile!
5. “These brothers were found walking together down a highway in Puerto Rico, scruffy and abandoned. We weren’t really looking to get a dog (let alone 2), but after spending just a few minutes with these cute faces, how could we not keep them forever? Meet Mario and Luigi!”
You did not choose them, they chose you!
6. “From a scared puppy at his third shelter that they called ‘Justin,’ to a healthy, happy brother of 2, that we named Marvin. He’s a very good boy.”
From looking scared to looking handsome, Marvin has made it to his forever home.
7. “Charlie was dumped at my vet clinic at 5 weeks old with fleas and an upper respiratory infection. Here he is a year later.”
What a beautiful transformation!
8. “Just sent off our first foster to his forever home! Been such a rewarding experience!”
9. “Here’s my brand new pup named Rory! We saved him just yesterday, he certainly seems happy to be home.”
10. “Max was beaten so badly that he’s mostly blind and we’ve still got a long way to go. Now he’s home with me and I’m so excited to have the best partner in crime!”
11. At the time of rescue, she was pregnant and malnourished. Look at her now, happy, healthy and fluffy!
12. “We adopted Henry last fall. His adoption photo is from the shelter where they found him in July. He’s a very good big boy!”
He is not a good boy, he is the goodest boi! We can clearly see the sadness in these animals’ eyes when they were living in the shelters. It seems like their eyes are waiting for someone to come and adopt them. There is a huge difference in these animals after adoption. They were malnourished, had allergies, living a bad life, missing a happy home but after adoption, they have everything.
13. “This 10-year-old girl was neglected by her previous owners. She took a while to come out of her shell, but now she’s the sweetest old gal.”
14. Meet Shoyu, he was adopted a week ago and got his grooming done today.
15. “Meet Gus. He’s the good boy I found a year ago walking down a forest road, starving, with thousands of fleas and ticks on him. Now we share a pillow every night that he thinks is his. Not spoiled at all.”
16. The day he was adopted vs. 6 months later:
Meet Lugh, the happiest boy!
17. “Meet Gorgeous George! He was brought to rescue about a month ago, and my wife just couldn’t say no. He’s still pretty patchy, but he’s looking more like the gorgeous boy we knew he’d be!”
It looks like he was abused and neglected. Thanks to these people who rescued him and brought him back to life.
18. “Meet Syl! From being abandoned by her mom on the streets to having a healthy life with a loving family.”
Girl, you deserve a happy life.
19. “Willy found a home today! Thank you all for the support. I made sure to give him love from everyone here.”
20. “Meet Atlas! I adopted him when I was stationed in Florida. It’s been 3 years and he’s about to do his second military move! He spent his first week of freedom stealing rotisserie chickens off the kitchen counter. Sneaky is an understatement.”
21. Dutch at the animal shelter vs Dutch a year later in his forever home:
22. Charlie in the shelter vs Charlie in his forever home:
23. “My friends found this little stowaway in their car (engine?) one morning… Just over a year later, he’s grown into quite the handsome fella! Meet Matsuda.”
We are happy to see that these animals have finally found their forever homes and they are winning at life. Have you ever rescued an animal? If yes, comment down to share your thoughts with us and don’t forget to share your pet’s before and after adoption photos with us!