This father is determined to offer his beautiful princess a $30,000 Europe trip as a reward for graduating from high school. I’m not sure about you… However, if a $30k Europe vacation is a reasonable price for just getting into college, then these people live in an entirely other universe than the rest of us.
Not only is the trip’s idea absurd in and of itself, but the Dad also wants his partner to cover the cost. This goes absolutely against their previous relationship precedent of not sharing financial information. They’ve never needed to because they’re both well-off. Except now that this spoilt princess has bankrupted her father, he’s looking for alternate sources of income.
This conversation was started on r/antiwork by the Dad’s partner, who wanted to know if she was wrong for refusing her partner’s loan proposition. Commenters have been overwhelmingly supportive of her, but many have also expressed their disapproval of the trip’s basic premise. Let’s hear the story in her own words so that we can present our opinion at this.
1. OP lives with his partner in a large house who has a step daughter and a son
3. The step daughter despite coming to the house at weekends only demanded a big bedroom for her, OP did not know how much the partner was spending on her as they had individual finances apart from common bills
4. When the step daughter heard that the son is going to a tour abroad, she demanded a whole $30K from his father for a trip to Europe. Partner asked OP to lend money but she refused
5. This pretty much sums up how this trip to Europe is costing 10 times more than a usual trip
6. Ding ding ding
7. Well, his son is really doing well
8. Well, if we move towards calculations, that’s a huge amount of money she’s asking for
9. A very nice summary and again, we can’t understand what the partner is expecting
10. The relationship of the father and the daughter is really toxic as its doing nothing but making the daughter more spoiled
11. That’s an interesting point
12. Hard NTA clearly
13. Well this commenter made it very simple but I guess, it’s not as simple as it seems, what do you guys think?
14. Asking help from the ex-wife seems to be a reasonable solution to this stupid problem
As mentioned by the commenters, the OP is clearly not the a-hole. Such extravagant trip for the spoiled daughter is not for OP to be a thing to worry. The partner should also use some brains. Share us your thoughts what do you think of this one. Don’t forget to share it with your friends. Keep visiting us if you want to see more interesting content.