If you’ve ever had a food intolerance, you know how serious it can be. It tends to happen whenever the body’s immune system reacts to such proteins in food, and the reflexes can range from honeybees and lip inflammation to potentially fatal respiratory problems and shock known as anaphylaxis.
However, this r/AITA story, which began with one roommate’s allergy to soy products, has numerous additional layers upon layers to it. “She cooked breakfast for us the day after she moved in.” “I was surprised,” the author said of her morning with Erin, her new vegan roommate. But, unbeknownst to Erin, the author was “deathly allergic to a few things,” soy products being one of them.
“I start eating, and everything tastes strange. At this point, she does a “Ta da” and smugly says, “I bet it tastes exactly like meat,” according to the author. As you might expect, this did not go well. Not just to did the writer have to spend two days in the hospital due to an allergic reaction, but in addition, she submitted a police report.
So keep on scrolling down below to dive brief into this case and you guys know the drill. After reading the whole story you have to let us know if OP is an A-hole. Make sure you read it till the end.
1. Let’s see why did she do what she did
2. Vegetarians and their problems
3. Deathly allergic to few things
4. Yeah that’s a huge mistake
5. Now this is absurd
6. Food tampering is a legit felony
7. OP be like winning every game
8. But was it right to sue her?
9. Yes if you have a felony charge, things can be a lot difficult for you.
10. Let’s see what people have to say now
11. But in the first place OP should have tell her allergies
12. And why would she? It wasn’t such a big deal it was not her mistake
14. Everybody have different views, but we’ll go with the voting.
15. In order to trick into liking something, but I don’t think it was a trick.
16. American medical system is way too expensive
18. Was it really unforgivable, you guys let us know in the comment section.
19. Maybe she lied because she was too afraid to tell that all she wanted to do was something nice
20. Exactly, this dude is speaking facts.
22. But yes someone’s life was ruined over such a thing, her intentions were not bad.
23. It’s totally OP’s responsibility to let anyone know her food allergy
24. That’s how you keep yourself alive
25. But Erin should have told the truth in the first place
26. Yeah that’s the negative point here that she lied
27. Sadly it’s not fake
As far from the information above it seems like it wasn’t Erin’s attention to make her food that she was allergic too. Afterall, we are humans, not angels we make mistakes but it doesn’t mean you ruin someone’s life because all they wanted to do was something nice. Erin didn’t do it deliberately that’s what we are sure of.
Now, let us know what you think about this post in the comment section below and don’t forget to like and share it with your friends and family. Stay tuned with Defused for more content. Thank You.