Picture this: a bustling bar/restaurant deal, filled with anticipation and laughter. OP, a stand-up comedian who occasionally takes the stage, sat in the back, engrossed in emails, waiting for their set time. With a few minutes to spare, they headed to the bar for a quick drink and engaged in friendly banter with the bartender. Just as the signal arrived indicating OP’s impending performance, panic struck—they had left their phone on the bar. In a rush, they darted out to retrieve it, unknowingly stepping into a world of chaos.
Enter Karen (not her real name, of course), seated at a table just left of dead center, conveniently located near the back entrance that OP had been frequenting throughout the night. Karen’s shrill voice dominated the conversation, making her presence impossible to ignore. Little did OP know that Karen was about to become the centerpiece of an impromptu comedy act.
Karen called out to OP, desperately seeking assistance with her order. “Sir, Sir, excuse me, sir!” she exclaimed. Confused, OP approached her table, only to be bombarded with demands. Karen insisted that OP check on their food, despite OP’s protests that they were not a waiter. In Karen’s mind, OP’s presence in the establishment meant they should cater to her every whim.
1. The OP does stand-up comedy sometimes
2. OP was performing at a bar/restaurant
3. OP went to the bar to get a drink
4. OP realized that he had left his phone on the bar
5. The OP could hear her shrill voice dominating their conversation
6. OP was wearing a yellow sweatshirt and cargo shorts
7. Karen asked OP to check on their food
8. OP told her that a server can help her with that
9. OP asked her to let him explain
10. Someone at her party said that she thinks that he’s not a waiter
11. OP said that he can’t do that
12. They tried to wave OP away
13. OP was just going down
14. OP just stopped himself and locked eyes with Karen
15. OP grabbed the microphone!
16. That won’t be possible!
17. OP started riffing about people who think you work there when you don’t
18. It was too perfect
19. The OP grabbed the wings from the waitress
20. OP would go over and fill their water glasses
21. The Karen hated it
22. The Karen went to file a complaint
23. A couple stayed back to try and defend OP
24. The manager is an old-school Armenian guy
25. She wanted something done
26. The manager played dumb
27. Manager said that OP doesn’t work for him
28. Manager said that OP is a comedian and that’s what he paid him for
29. Karen said that she was a customer treated poorly in your establishment
30. Karen was a little tipsy
31. Her friends apologized to the manager
32. They said they can’t wait to tell everyone about Karen’s outburst
33. Kudos to all service workers
34. We all knew this would be worth the read
35. The OP did get his phone from the bar!
36. OP should have said this for real lol
This was it, folks, this was the story let us know what you think about it down below in the comments section, and make sure to like and share this article with your friends and family and stay tuned for more content like this with Defused. Thank You!