So the story begins with a Reddit user’s experience working on the front line for a large cable company. The job pays well, and most customers are pleasant to talk to. However, the user often receives calls from seniors, especially in the morning, who have issues with their TVs connected to the digital equipment.
The user sympathizes with these customers because the company used to provide analog cable, which was easier for older individuals to use. But with the transition to digital equipment, many seniors struggle to operate it, resulting in frustrations and frequent calls for assistance.
One day, the user receives a call from a bitter and mean-spirited elderly gentleman, whom they decide to refer to as Mr. Smith. Right from the start, Mr. Smith is unhappy about providing his address and telephone number to verify the account and dislikes going through the automated system before reaching a live agent. Despite the challenging nature of the call, the user has dealt with similar customers before.
Keep on scrolling down to read the full story in OP’s own words and we will see you at the end of the article.
1. Title is kinda disturbing
2. OP works for a large cable company
3. OP says that often they’d get calls from seniors, especially in the morning.
4. OP’s heart goes out to some of these folks
5. OP got a call from an older gentleman who was quite bitter and mean, right off the bat
6. OP spent over 45 minutes with this older gentleman
7. OP tried his best not to take it personally
8. The Older gentleman is 94 years old and the TV is the only thing he has left
9. OP instantly felt bad
10. OP spoke with his supervisor who said they’d see if we could get someone out earlier
11. OP says that at that point it sounded like he have started to cry
12. He was a little shocked!
13. OP got to the residence and met him
14. The older gentleman told OP how he hasn’t actually spoken or really interacted with anyone for years
15. 3 weeks later OP’s supervisor came to OP’s desk and asked if he could come speak with her for a bit about an account
16. Maybe sometimes they really are not always terrible!
17. OP thanks everyone for reading
18. I mean who wasn’t expecting that?
19. That’s what another Redditor had to say about that comment!
20. This Redditor says that he works for Dell and that he is certain he’d get fired for doing this
This was it, folks, this was the story let us know what you think about it down below in the comments section and make sure to like and share this article with your friends and family and stay tuned for more content like this with Defused. Thank You!