Working in retail can be tough, especially when customers come in looking for the cheapest deals possible. But every once in a while, a customer will come in and make your day in ways you never thought possible.
One day, a customer walked into a travel goods store. He was an elderly man with a deep Haitian accent, and he explained to the employee at the front desk that he wasn’t looking to buy anything that day. Instead, he was planning a trip to Haiti to visit family he hadn’t seen in over 20 years. He was just looking for something inexpensive for his trip.
The employee pointed him in the right direction and walked away to help another customer, a younger man in an expensive suit. This man was looking for high-end brands and had many questions for the employee.
After about 15 minutes, the Haitian man walked over to the desk and thanked the employee for his help. He said he wasn’t ready to buy anything yet, but he would come back in a few months when he had all of his trip money together.
The man in the suit overheard their conversation and asked the Haitian man what suitcase he was looking at. The Haitian man pointed to the cheapest one in the store, but the man in the suit said that it wouldn’t last very long with the way airlines handle luggage. He suggested a mid-range suitcase instead, but the Haitian man said he couldn’t afford it.
1. This is the only good story that has ever come out of working in retail for OP, Keep on scrolling down to read the full story.
2. Sorry mobile users!
3. OP works in a travel goods store
4. The Haitian man walked over to the OP and said thank you for the help but I’m not ready to buy it yet, but he’ll come back in a few months.
5. The man in the suit asked him what suitcase he was looking at
6. The Haitian man laughed and said ” I can’t afford those!”
7. Suitman said don’t worry I’ll pay for it
8. The Haitian man laughed it off thinking it was a joke or something
9. The Haitian man reluctantly picked out a suitcase and walked over to the desk with OP
10. OP says it wasn’t only his biggest sales ever but it was also the biggest random act of kindness he had ever seen in his life.
11. OP has been in a pretty bad spot recently and when Suitman did his good deed it made OP feel like there are still good people out there
12. A very cool customer indeed
13. Of course he got a good discount!
14. It’s always the good stories that are rare
15. We expected something but got something else
16. It sure was
17. Who wouldn’t tear up after reading this post?
18. Both of them deserve a big hug
19. Couldn’t agree more
20. “It never feels like enough”
This was it, folks, this was the story let us know what you think about it down below in the comments section, and make sure to like and share this article with your friends and family and stay tuned for more content like this with Defused. Thank You!