First thing’s first, we should be well aware of the fact that dogs have numerous health benefits on our lives. Whether it’s mental or physical, having a dog has always proven to be beneficial. Back in 2017, a research was conducted by some of the Cambridge Researchers, in which they observed the interactions of 12-years old and their pets in about 77 different British homes. During the research, the researchers inquired the children about their relationships with their family members and pets. To test out the quality, the researchers decided to make the calculations across 4 different dimensions which included; communication, conflict, feelings of companionship, and satisfaction of the relationship.
After the research, it was observed that a majority of the children reported less conflict with their pets as compared to their siblings and more satisfaction. In short, the kids felt that they have a stronger bond with their pets as compared to their siblings. Moreover, the researchers observed that out of all the pets, kids were able to bond more with the dogs, specifically. So, if you have a kid in your house and you are worried that a dog might not be suitable for your kid, you’re wrong! Your kids are going to feel happier and protected with a pupper around! That’s fine if you still don’t believe us but we have got some proof to show you! Start scrolling and you will know why;
1. My Wife And Her Pupper 30 Years Ago, And Our Daughter And Her Pupper
2. That has got to be the cutest kiss!
Coming back to the eye-opening research we talked about at the beginning of this post, Matt Cassels, a Gates Cambridge Scholar at the Department of Psychiatry, who led the study, said that anyone who has loved a childhood pet knows that we turn to them for companionship and disclosure, just like relationships between people.
“We wanted to know how strong these relationships are with pets relative to other close family ties. Ultimately this may enable us to understand how animals contribute to healthy child development,” Cassels explained.
3. Did that baby grow hair?
4. My Son Broke His Arm And Ever Since He Came Home My Girlfriend’s Dog Won’t Leave His Side
“While previous research has often found that boys report stronger relationships with their pets than girls do, we actually found the opposite. While boys and girls were equally satisfied with their pets, girls reported more disclosure, companionship, and conflict with their pet than did boys, perhaps indicating that girls may interact with their pets in more nuanced ways,” Cassels said.
Dr. Nancy Gee, Human-Animal Interaction Research Manager at WALTHAM and a co-author of the study, added that evidence continues to grow, showing that pets have positive benefits on human health and community cohesion.
“The social support that adolescents receive from pets may well support psychological well-being later in life but there is still more to learn about the long term impact of pets on children’s development.”
5. My Oldest Has Been Battling A Cold. 95 Lbs Of Lap Puppy To The Rescue. Such A Good Boy
6. I Just Finished This “Fort” For My Son So He Could Look At Trucks Out The Window. Now He Can Hang Out With His Best Friend
7. OMG! I’m not crying! You are crying!
8. They Bonded Before We Even Left The Parking Space
9. Gentle Giant guarding a baby! How adorable!
10. This Pretty Girl Came To Visit My Daughter
11. We Were So Nervous To Bring Our Newborn Son Home To Meet Our Beagle. Best Friends Right Away. Meet Oliver And His Doggo Sophie
12. My Son And His Puppy – They Can’t Get Enough Of Each Other
13. She’s Loyal, Protective, And Goofy. Meet My Daughter’s Best Friend
14. I Waited Over Ten Years For A Dog, Finally Have A Backyard. We Tried For Two Years To Get Pregnant, Finally Had A Daughter. Last Month My Heart Became Complete
15. Step 1: Try To Take Cute Pic Of Dog And Baby. Step 2: Dog Sneezes During Pic. Step 3: Accidentally Capture My Dogs Inner Demon, And My Son Thinks It’s Funny
16. Stella posing with our gorgeous doggo. The Best Farm Dog Ever
17. Damn, how long is that dog!?
18. Our Daughter Was Visited By Maddie, A Therapy Dog, Before Her (Successful) Surgery At Phoenix Children’s Hospital … This Dog Helped All Of Us More Than She Will Ever Know … She’s Not A Good Girl, She’s A Great Girl
19. Daft punk with his dog.
20. The 12-Week-Old Guarding The 1-Week-Old. Something Tells Me This Is The Start Of A Beautiful Friendship
21. Our Son Had A Heart Transplant. My Wife Made Him A Tin Man Costume. Cowardly Lion Played By Murphy Jenkins
22. My Dog Is 18, Has Trouble Standing. Since Clare Was Born, He Stands For Hours Watching. Good Boy
23. It’s My Dogs 4th Birthday, My Daughter Spent All Her Pocket Money Buying Her A Steak
24. My Daughter Was Nervous Around Dogs, And Then She Met This Guy. He Let Her Love All Over Him For 20 Minutes And Afterwards, Her Fear Was Gone. Thank You, Sweet Boy, For Making Her Into The Dog Lover She Is
25. Our Dog Has Hardly Left My Wife’s Side Since Baby Arrived. He’s A Proud Older Brother
26. Babies and babies!
27. Took My Dog And Daughter Out For The First Time Together, In A Winter Wonderland
28. My Brother’s Daughter And New Puppy Are Already Best Buds, They Even Have Matching Outfits
29. In Their Mind They Are Secret Service
30. Had To Put My Dog Down A Few Months Ago. My Son Will Never Know How Much Griffin Loved Him
31. 6 Years Of Friendship
32. My Dog Thinks My Daughter Is His Baby. They Love Each Other So Much. This Is How They Fell Asleep Yesterday During Nap Time
33. My Best Friend Has Four Paws. CJ (5 Years Old) And Chance (3 Months Old)
34. This Bulldog Squish Into Any Space As Along As He’s Close To His Human
35. What an adorable duo!
36. I Knew My Senior Dog Loved Babies, But Seeing Him Love My Daughter Makes My Heart Burst
37. My Moms Rescue Dog Rico Is Best Friends With My Baby. I Interrupted Them Watching Peppa Pig
38. “Mommmm, look! We both can fit into this!”
39. Their Dog Hasn’t Eaten Well Since They Brought Their Baby Home – Dog Kept Taking Food Into The Living Room And Leaving It There
Someone suggested the dog might be worried the baby isn’t visibly eating, so is “feeding” the baby. They tried giving the baby a bowl of food at the same time. It worked!
40. Our Neighbor Gives Treats Through The Fence. Recently He Has Been Giving My Daughter Treats Too. This Is Them Waiting Patiently Today
41. So, Cassidy (My Daughter) Was Snuggling Elsa (Our Rescue Pup) Under Her Hoodie. I Walked Into The Room And Asked “Where’s Elsa?” Well, Elsa Tried To Get To Me
42. And I Never Thought That 17 Years Later, My Best Friend Would Live To Meet My First Child
43. A Sleeping Baby, Dog, And Cat. I Think I Win The Internet High Score
44. My Daughter Has A Huge Heart For Dogs And Begged For Months To Get Another Rescue. She Even Used All Her Money To Pitch In For The Fees. Here She Is With Our Third Rescue Pupper, Daisy
45. Two Street Children, With Barely Enough Money To Afford Slippers, Bandage An Injured Puppy
46. We Told Lincoln To Watch Some Youtube Videos On How To Train His Puppy
47. My Son Has Autism And One Of His Unique Trait, Is His Need For Physical Contact At All Times. Barb Came Into Our Lives And Elected Herself To The Position Of Weighted Blanket & Bodyguard
48. I Volunteer For A Dog Rescue, We Love Seeing Updates Of The Dogs In Their New Homes. This One Made Me Smile
49. An adorable baby with this cutest pup!
50. 8 Months Ago, Our Son Got A Support Dog. Our Son Was Mostly Wheelchair Dependent. We Hoped His Dog Would Help Him Grow Stronger. I Think We Can Conclude That Together They Succeeded
So? What do you think of having a dog after going through these wholesome pictures now? Dogs are known to be the best companions who would always have your back, no matter what and would always go beyond the limits to protect you! Let us know what did you think of these pictures, down in the comments section below!