This world is full of surprises. This world also happens to have a lot of animals in it. So animals and surprises together? BOOM! We’ve got you this time as well. Let’s talk about birds. We’ve come across a lot of amazing and unique birds that we didn’t know existed. And yet again, we’re back with another one. This one’s different (Yeah, we say that every time!) because it’s so tiny but very beautiful for its size. It is the Black-Throated Bushtit that we’re talking about.
And no, we did not come up with that name. You’ll know soon enough why it is named that. This tiny little bird has an extraordinary appearance with beautiful pattern of colors. The following pictures are captured by a Taiwanese wildlife photographer Chen Chengguang, who was also amazed by these beautiful little birds just like we are. We can’t wait for you to see and learn about this little fella. Scroll below to have some fun.
1. Meet Black-Throated Bushtit.
Now you know where the ‘Black-Throated’ comes from.
2. These little birds only grow up to 10.5 centimetres or 4 inches maximum while weighing only 4 to 9 grams.
Pretty light huh?
3. Look at that side profile!
Just don’t miss the right angles.
4. With comparison to those flowers, it is evident how small they are.
5. These birds are often found in groups in different areas of the world.
They’re most commonly found in northern India and north-eastern Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar, Vietnam, and Taiwan. These birds live in open forests.
6. This fluffy ball can’t be a bird…
Looks like colored cotton plant growing. Too cute.
7. Amazing colors on this little one.
Black-throated Bushtits tend to have a grey top (wings) and pale below. It has a black mark on its throat (obviously) and around the tiny yellow eyes that is separated by white mask around the neck area. Can’t forget the chestnut colored flanks near its wings. Piece of art!
8. Gotta get some work done.
Tiny but mighty!
9. About to take off in 3…2…1
10. Here it goes…
11. Look at those wings!
12. Caught in the moment!
13. Beautifully flying off after food.
These birds feed on small insects and small seeds, fruits, and berries. That’s berry cute!
14. When beauty meets nature.
15. Look at this fuzzy bird from its back.
These birds are considered ‘passerine’ meaning they have 3 toes in front and 1 at the back of the foot. This also means that these birds are songbirds. Beautiful chirps from a beautiful bird.
16. The thin forward toes helps with the tight grip.
Makes us want to touch this birdie once…or twice.
17. They are very social in nature…
With being able to fly with 40 birds of the same kind, they are known to be a socializing specie. Wonder what they’re up to this time.
18. Staring right at the camera.
Ready to attack.
19. ‘Spot me if you can!’
With size this little, it is definitely difficult to spot them in dense areas. The only way to do so is tracking their high-pitched calls.
20. Calmly sitting in the middle of nowhere…
Looking all pretty and glamorous.
21. Did somebody rotate this picture?
Oh no. The bird’s hanging upside down.
So tell us, aren’t you convinced that there are many beautiful animals in this world and these Black-throated Bushtits are definitely one of them. Their small size doesn’t stop them from being extraordinary and cute. In fact, we think their little bodies contribute to their beauty. Just wanna get up and get ourselves these birds as pets. Would love to have these gems around and hear them chirping all day. What do you have to say about these unique little birds? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.