Pet owners want to involve their best friends in everything.
This is very true. Pets are like companions to their owners. And after all that they do for their humans, the humans feel responsible to associate them with every important life event that they go through, even the wedding. A pet’s companionship is so strong that it can even blind you with its love and you don’t see anything else but your pet animal, and that’s how they become the top priority of their owners.
The same happened when a woman who was a bride-to-be decided to make her cat her flower boy. The reason why I mentioned the pet’s love blinds the owner is that the bride, who posted her story on Reddit, had a sister and the sister had 3 daughters. So technically, according to that sister, she should’ve chosen one of her daughters as the flower girl instead of the cat. You would instantly think OP’s sister is right but there is a lot more to it. The two sisters were not on good terms for more than 3 years. Now take this factor into account and read the story to understand what really happened and whether OP’s sister was right to argue or not.
Scroll down below to read!
1. If you know you can bear the costs and they won’t make a dent in your budget, you shouldn’t burden the other party…that is unethical.
2. There is no doubt that when a third party comes in, a divide forms. And the same happened between the two sisters.
3. It was a mutual decision to distance. But three years is actually a very long time. You should at least keep a check on each other.
4. The sister was the only one who didn’t congratulate OP on her engagement announcement. Distancing shouldn’t mean the destruction of relationships.
5. Cat as the flower boy? That sounds pretty cute. But what would the sister make of this?
6. Everyone was going to love the idea, it is very unique and the cat would look super cute, but I am still wondering when the news gets to the sister which it will, and how would she take it.
This is such a classic family drama. There is no straight line here that you could follow to decide whether OP was right or wrong. I mean, it isn’t a post about AITA but if you think about it her sister made a voluntary choice to separate herself from OP because apparently, they weren’t on good behavioral terms and it was mentally damaging her. Now if you have decided to distance yourself, why would you randomly call your sister one day when her wedding is around the corner, and she has decided her cat will be the flower boy. Was the call to gel back together? We will have to see. But if it is to rant about her making her cat the flower boy, then her anger would be irrelevant as she was the one who decided to separate. Let’s see what happens.
7. Called it. Suddenly sister decides to call OP after over 3 years and I think we all know where this one is going.
8. Nope, the call was not to finally gel back in, it was to discuss the flower boy matter and I think the sister already knows what has happened.
9. Now either this is a revelation to her sister or she already knows and was just testing her by advising her to make her oldest daughter the flower girl.
10. So it was a revelation and now I feel like OP was a bit inconsiderate. But then again, her sister was the one who wanted to distance herself.
11. Such a reaction was always going to come.
12. Oh, the family turned on her too. This is a surprise.
Knew it, she hadn’t called to make things better again, she had called to rant about her sister not making her daughter the flower girl and preferring a cat. As I said, she decided to distance herself and it would’ve been natural of OP to not think of her when it came to making the decision.
What do you guys think about the story? Share your thoughts in the comments section down below.
I hope you guys enjoyed this one. Stay tuned for more!