Do we have any fans of Goosebumps Novels in here?
For those of you who are new and have absolutely no idea about the famous Goosebumps Novels, let us give you a short overview. Goosebumps is basically a series of children’s horror fiction novels which was written by an American Author known as R. L. Stine. The stories revolved around child characters who would find themselves in scary situations which would mostly include monsters and other supernatural beings. The first book ever released was known as “Welcome To Dead House” and was published back in July 1992! To date, more than 400 million books have been sold making it the best-selling series of all time for several years.
Apparently, the Goosebumps books have been banned because many parents felt that the books were too graphic and scary for their children. There were many parents who wanted to protect their kids from the element of fear, while on the other hand, some teachers felt that Goosebumps helped the students cope up with the feelings of being afraid. Also, a total of 235 Goosebumps books have been published to date! Anyways, people who have already read one of those books would know how classy the book covers were! We have compiled a list of some of the classiest and interesting Goosebumps book covers which truly deserve recognition. It’s fine even if you haven’t read any of these books, you can still enjoy the book covers which will definitely make you want to read the book!
1. This has got to be one of the creepiest covers ever!
2. That tagline though!
3. When I call my friends over:
4. No wonder why these books were banned…
5. You definitely won’t keep your stuffed toys in your bed after reading this.
6. Run for your lives!
7. Does your kid want to keep a hamster against your will? Problem solved!
8. That is such an extraordinary tagline! Love it!
Goosebumps novels are designed to scare. Although these books don’t have much academic content or positive messaging, the kids would usually try to do the right thing while solving a mystery. If you want to start with the scariest Goosebumps book, you should read The haunter, The Haunted Mask, and Camp Nowhere. Goosebumps are guaranteed!
9. This one’s definitely going to give you “goosebumps”
10. Reminds me of the movie, “Cabin in the Woods”
11. Wolves scaring us since forever!
12. That’s one scary mask!
13. Make sure your stuffed toys aren’t around while reading this.
14. Which kid would ever want to read this? Yikes!
15. Because a picture speaks a thousand words is too “mainstream”
16. Hollow-man, is that you?
As the list comes to an end, we are pretty sure that those of you who have never read these books would definitely want to give it a try now! It surely doesn’t seem appropriate for young kids but not every parent thinks like that. Would you let your kids read one of these books? Let us know in the comments section below!