It’s almost unbelievable that we have to discuss in this day and age whether it’s fair, acceptable, or disrespectful to deliberately exclude the one student in the class who is different from a special event. But that’s precisely what transpired recently when a mother asked the “AITA” Reddit community. And you guys might know the Reddit “AITA” do not let anyone drift off without a piece of advice.
Why wasn’t my daughter obliged to bring the special needs student in her class to her birthday celebration, the woman questioned. Though she went into great length about why she didn’t “make” her daughter invite the youngster, it was still hard to accept. If you were to take the question at face value and respond, “Well, no,” don’t worry. To dive deeper into this case keep on scrolling down below and make sure you guys read it till the end otherwise, you are not going to get the whole point here.
1. So here’s how this starts concerning the autistic kid named Tyler
2. Then her daughter said this
3. Yeah, because that kid might end up feeling a bit sad due to not getting an invitation, let’s see what happened next.
4. Now it’s up to you guys to be wise and let us know who’s the A-hole here, but first let’s see what other Redditors think about this.
5. It’s a wise recommendation to let him and his caretaker, or parents decide if he can handle the party or not.
6. YTA, that kid and his family would have been thrilled just by the invitation of this birthday party but OP chose not to invite them, and she kinda taught her daughter a terrible lesson.
7. OP should have at least talked to Tyler’s parents they would have handled the situation or maybe they could have found a way to let him attend the party, excluding someone different is not okay.
8. This user thinks it’s incredibly mean of OP to invite a whole class except Tyler
9. This user got a point, that kid will know somehow.
10. Everybody is saying OP here is an A-hole
11. This is a fact special kids are the ones who don’t want to cause a scene
12. Well this comment here is a bit harsh but yeah everyone is pissed off at OP
13. I feel sad for Tyler OP you shouldn’t have excluded that kid
14. Same I don’t even understand this makes no sense, what do you think guys and gals?
Let us know what you think about this post in the comment section below and don’t forget to like and share it with your friends and family. Stay tuned with Defused for more content. Thank You!