Dads are a blessing.
Why are most dads the same? I hear people talking about their fathers and it feels like they are telling me stories about my own dad. The goofy, dad joke making BBQ experts can be found in a lot of homes. And it is almost as if none of them was prepared to be a father. They make the silliest of mistakes and most of them just wish fatherhood came with an instruction manual.
Don’t even get me started on what happens when mothers aren’t around. They have absolutely no idea how to act when they are left alone with children. Zero parenting skills and they decide to just wing it. This usually ends up with a lot of wholesome and hilarious stories for kids to tell. People on Reddit shared their best “Don’t tell your mother” moments and the results are funny and cute at the same time. Read them down below:
1. Was your father a criminal or something?
2. This is so wholesome. What a nice guy.
3. The kid is a snitch.
4. Precious moments with dad.
5. Watching forbidden movies.
6. Teamwork at home.
7. Watching movies with swear words?! They should be glad mum didn’t find out.
8. GTA is not a kids game, but that didn’t matter to this dad.
9. It’s time to investigate.
I have a very strong bond with my dad. So, I have a lot of “Don’t tell mom” secrets too but my favourite one is when dad was ironing clothes and he burnt a bit of mum’s dress. Now, he didn’t tell mum or throw it in the bin like a normal person. He went to the backyard and burned the whole thing with petrol and we had a mini bonfire by adding paper to it too. She never found out what exactly we burned but she asked a lot about her dress.
10. That is probably why she didn’t want you to ride it in the first place.
11. Children don’t belong on the roof!
12. That is such a dumb thing to do though.
13. Father-daughter secrets.
14. If you won’t tell, I won’t either.
15. Dad instantly realising he made a mistake.
16. That is dangerous but sounds fun.
17. Dad was a player.
18. Slip of tongue.
What did you think of these stories? Could you relate to any of them? Do you have any “Don’t tell mom” moments to share? Let us know in the comments below!