The people a boss respects the most and should ideally spend the time most with are his/her subordinates. The business depends on the employees and the bosses should fully realize the significance of these people towards the success of the business.
Unfortunately, though, bad bosses are only there for their own gains. They don’t care who does what, in fact, they try to ab*se their powers to get things done from their subordinates just because they think they can.
In today’s story, that is exactly what was happening with Reddit user NefariousAloe whose boss would transfer all of his assigned tasks to OP’s tasks list. OP would complete all the boss’ tasks and the boss would get a good bonus for it. No, he never paid OP a single penny for his efforts.
In order to complete his boss’ tasks, OP had to frequently leave the office and the boss did not like that. So he ordered OP to stay in his office at all times and OP simply complied with his orders. Not leaving the office meant he could not complete any of the boss’ tasks and that is exactly what happened. The boss did not get the bonus because he didn’t do anything…even worse, the company decided to scrutinize why not even a single task for completed and it resulted in the boss getting fired after the revelation of the corruption he had been doing.
Scroll down below to read how it all went down.
1. A horrible boss who doesn’t treat their subordinates righteously…here we go again.
2. That is so unethical…He makes OP do all of the work, gets all the bonus himself…and gives nothing to OP.
3. A classic definition of a bad boss who kisses the bum of all those above and doesn’t give a sh*t about all those below.
4. I wonder how OP manages all this along with having to complete all the tasks his boss assigns to him.
5. He has to stay in the office to do his work but has to leave the office to do the boss’ work.
6. Malicious compliance at its absolute best. You don’t want him to leave the office, do not expect any of your tasks to be completed.
7. After scrutinizing the boss, the company found out he has been frauding them for a very long time…and for that, he got fired.
This is gorgeous. I mean, this just proves my theory that bad bosses do not have brain cells. He should’ve given OP all the flexibility because he was working on his behalf. And for that, he had to leave the office room at times. But no, the boss wanted to “see” OP’s work. Well, unfortunately, he is no longer part of the company to do that. Even if the boss had not gotten fired, it would have been fun to see his reactions to OP working in his office and none of it generating any bonus for him. Hilarious and absolutely deserved!
Here are some of the comments shared on the story:
8. You need brains to cheat…the boss didn’t have any.
9. He assumed his slave would always obey…The fun part is OP did obey…maliciously.
10. Problem solved itself.
11. For the offenses he committed, I wouldn’t have been surprised if he got put into jail.
12. Poor Murphy, no one listens to him.
13. I agree. OP should tell the company that it was him doing all the tasks. Maybe he may get the boss’ bonus.
14. You should always choose your words wisely as they can cost you a hefty bonus and your job.
15. As simple as that. I really did not understand why did OP the work for him in the previous years…There was literally no incentive for him in this at all.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“I kicked over my cat’s milk and had no replacement. He sat opposite to me as I ate my dinner, looking at me like this.”