Different countries have different ways of operating. In some countries when you pull into a petrol/gas station, you will see attendants standing next to each pump. As you get in position, they fill the car up for you, you don’t have to get out, just wait, pay, and move on. But there are also many countries where you see no attendants by the pumps, in such cases, you have to fill your car up by yourself. You then pay at the counter or directly at the pump using your card. These are set standards and you have to follow them. You cannot go to a country where you have to fill gas/petrol in your car yourself and demand that someone comes and do it for you, it just doesn’t work like that.
Unfortunately, though, one woman did the exact same thing I just mentioned. Reddit user u/throwaway25142116 shared she had just returned to the UK to spend time with her family and had hired a car for her stay. While she was at a petrol station waiting in a queue to fill her car up (everyone was doing it by themselves), she got approached by a woman who also had a rental car from the same car hiring company.
For some reason the woman assumed OP worked for the car hiring company and that the company was partners with the petrol station she was at, making her believe that only the cars from the hiring company get filled at the station she was at. Yes, she really was that dumb. Not only that but she wanted OP to fill her car up for her at a station where everyone was doing it by themselves.
I know this has gotten all of you really excited to read the story now… it’s the entitled people and their dumbness. The rest is for you guys to read.
Scroll down below to enjoy!
1. A story about an entitled woman who was either too unaware or too dumb.
2. OP finally decided to visit home after a long time of working abroad.
3. OP had booked a car for herself to use while she was in the UK. She picked up the car and took it to the petrol station to fill it up.
4. OP shared that in the UK there are no attendants at the petrol stations, you pump it yourself.
5. And the case is the same in the country OP works in.
6. While OP was waiting in the queue, she noticed a car pulling into the petrol station and it was from the same hiring company she got her car from.
7. Just as OP finished filling the petrol in her car and was about to pay, she felt a tap on her shoulder.
8. It’s an angry woman…uh ho.
9. She asks OP to have the other cars moved so she can get her car filled up. OP simply tells her they have the first right because they came first.
10. I think SA is terribly mistaken…and of course, she was never going to like what OP had to say.
11. Wow, SA really is in a world of her own. And does she really not know that petrol and gas are one and the same?
So freaking delusional. First of all, I simply refuse to believe she doesn’t know what petrol is. How could someone be this dumb? Oh, wait, I take my words back. She is an entitled woman who refuses to listen, it is justified that she doesn’t know what petrol is.
What bothers me is that she made way too many assumptions in no time at all and started moving in accordance with those assumptions. Like, come on, woman. At least confirm. Wow, she is so on my nerves right now and I am not even at the petrol station.
Let’s see what happened next. Scroll down below to continue reading.
12. A staff member arrives at the scene and SA tells them OP is not doing the work properly.
13. The staff asked OP if she worked for the Car Hire Company and she told them that she didn’t.
14. SM tries their best to kick some sense into Karen by telling her OP does not work for Car Hire Company and the petrol station is not linked to it either.
15. Traffic begins piling up at the pump as SA refuses to move on.
16. Now she wants someone to fill her car up….and yes, she really has no clue that gas and petrol are the same things.
17. Watching cars pile up, SM angrily told SA to move her car before they get it towed. And she also got informed very well that people in the UK fill the “gas” in their cars by themselves.
18. SA finally had to move her car for the flow to begin again. OP got a free sandwich out of it so she was happy.
Here are some of the comments shared on the story:
19. Yeah, it is not possible that she had no idea what petrol was.
20. Let’s join the cause.
21. I refuse to believe it.
22. Just a nice little verification that such people are hated all around the globe.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“Look, the sink fits me well!”