The infamous subreddit “I Don’t Work Here Lady” contains countless stories from people who get mistaken for employees when in reality they are a customer just like the mistaken person. The stories are very hilarious and they never end up good for the mistaken person. There are over 1.3 million members following that subreddit and they anxiously wait for the next mistake to pop up.
However, the story that I’ve got for you guys today from that subreddit is not what you would usually expect generally. Usually, when the customer tells the mistaken person that they are not a worker, the customer gets called a liar. But in this story, an employee got called a liar for telling the customer that they actually are the employee. Yes, we are about to enter a parallel universe.
Scroll down below to read this short and very confusing interaction between Reddit user Disgustedlibrarian who is a librarian and a customer who refused to believe they were a librarian.
1. In a parallel universe.
2. It took me a minute to understand why they thought everyone already should’ve known they are a librarian…it’s the username.
3. OP had left their desk to help a customer and noticed a long queue at the desk led by CL.
4. OP asks CL what she wants and she questions who they are.
5. Wait…what I just read? She won’t believe OP is a librarian because they aren’t standing behind the desk? What?!
6. Do not tell me she will suddenly consider OP a librarian now that they are behind the desk.
7. Oh my god, CL really is a crazy lady.
What did I just read? No seriously, what was this? It’s like one of those stories I read in which an entitled woman thought she was talking to an employee and wanted to see the manager but doesn’t realize that the employee actually was the manager. The hilarious part about the story was that the employee simply went into the manager’s office and walked out back to her and simply said “Hi, I am the manager”. And the entitled woman believed him and proceeded to lodge her complaint.
This is beyond me. I am sure the librarian will never forget this event. To be honest, I am excited about the comments because I know they will not be holding back.
Here’s what the internet had to say about this:
8. But then why do they teach us to be proactive and not reactive?
9. What is happening to humans?
10. It happens everywhere with all professionals in the world.
11. It really did, to be honest. But this is a reality and that concerns me.
12. I think her brain really was turned off that day.
13. I can bet she must’ve had such an experience at least once.
14. For once this librarian decided to walk away from their desk to help a customer, and this woman’s braincells short circuit.
15. A very sad thing if you think about it but I also believe this is very true.
I may require a couple of painkillers after this. Don’t worry if you do too, you are not alone.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
Surprise! Guess who is cooking breakfast today.