Who’s up for another interesting episode of AITA?
Before proceeding, for those of you who are unaware of AITA – let us give you a little background about it before we get started with the story. So, AITA (Am I The Real A-Hole) is a Reddit’s thread where individuals would post their stories and seek people’s approval whether what they did was right or wrong. The OP would let the people judge them – some will come up with really interesting advice while the others would just judge you for your wrongdoings. However, some of the stories are really interesting and we keep an eye on them so that we could share the interesting stories with you.
Hopefully, now that you have understood what is it about, let’s proceed with the story, shall we? Okay, so today’s story is about a guy who decided to tell his younger brother the reason why his crush dislikes him is due to the fact that he’s an A-Hole but not because he’s “too smart”. Doesn’t sound much of a problem but the real catch is that his younger brother is only 13 years old and now the OP thinks it was a wrong move to say stuff like that to his younger brother. Before we reach any conclusion, let’s read the story first! Scroll down to begin.
Source – Reddit
Here’s the original post.
1. Well, parents play a vital role in this. If there’s anyone to be blamed, it’s the parents. We all know nerdy A-Holes like that, don’t we?
2. Well, considering the fact how the guy is arrogant and considers himself above everyone, that’s probably the sole reason why the girl is holding herself back.
3. There you go. I saw that coming already. I mean, who would want to be even friends with a person who will constantly judge you and degrade you? I’d rather be offended let alone being friends with that person!
4. Damn, how can the parents keep on encouraging this toxicity that is being bred in the child? That’s plain ridiculous!
5. I think you’re doing the right job which your parents should have done!
6. Well, it’s definitely your parent’s fault and not yours. Your intentions are pure and you are trying to help your little brother become a better person – which clearly isn’t wrong, at all!
In my opinion, I think the OP is NTA (Not The A-Hole). His intentions are clear. However, we would still like to see what did the people had to say about it. So, let’s go ahead and read the people’s opinion about it.
Glad to see people had the same opinion about it!
This guy has summed it up perfectly while relating it to the movie! Kudos to you!
Absolutely right! Emotional intelligence IS important. You must become a good human first and be considerate of other people’s feeling.
Today’s AITA episode ends here but before you go, we would love to hear your opinions about this. Do you think what the OP did was right and if he didn’t, what could have been done? Let us know in the comments section below!