Organizations that want to keep a strong grip over their employees as if they rule them, which I am not in favor of at all, tend to assume the employees have no idea about the law or the rights they have in the company. This results in situations like the one we are going to be looking at today.
In today’s story, we have a Reddit user cocteaubeauty who shared a story about him putting his HR manager into her place. OP openly discussed his wage with other employees and felt there was nothing wrong with it. But for doing so, one day he got called to the HR manager’s office and got told it was absolutely illegal to discuss his wage with other employees and that he should refrain from doing so in the future. Unfortunately for the HR manager, OP was well equipped with the knowledge about his rights at the company and one of them gave him protection to discuss his wages openly with other employees.
Ultimately the HR manager had to back off because there was actually no law that made such a discussion illegal.
Scroll down below to read how it all went down.
1. Oh come on, HR.
2. OP was actually being investigated for discussing his wage with other employees. He got told this was not allowed.
3. OP gave all the reasons why he felt secure in discussing his wage with other employees.
4. Clearly this HR manager was lost for words.
5. OP kept pushing their HR manager to know what law he broke because he clearly didn’t break any.
6. And there you have it. They were trying to pressurize OP for no reason at all.
7. This employee has everything covered.
8. Know your worth! OP won all hearts with his confidence and awareness.
I can bet they had tried this with some other employees in the past and some of them probably weren’t as aware as OP. And that is why the HR department would’ve eaten those employees unfairly by keeping them under their thumb.
All employees have the right to ask what is the basis of the warning they just got issued. Know your worth, as OP said.
Here is what the internet had to say about this:
9. Too bad they have to upload a handbook.
10. They thought OP wasn’t aware of the law.
11. This is a terrible behavior so many organizations exhibit.
12. And OP was that one person in this organization.
13. This needs to change.
14. Stand up for your rights people.
15. Things have been deteriorating over time.
Awareness of your surroundings is very key in today’s time.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
Via Ironsilversaltandtea / Reddit
“No more dogs! We haven’t got the space or the time to look after one!” Look at him now.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings