Friend or partner? A very tough choice to make, but not in this story.
We all know how significant the importance is of having friends. And not just any friends, real friends. It is not easy to distinguish between the two as one will criticize you but constructively in order to transform you into a better version of yourself. The other will always have a destructive criticism about you and that is a sign that tells your friend isn’t really there for you. Good friends help so much in life, they keep you happy, and healthy,(my friends buy me food) and above all, they care for you. So, for a better upbringing and a better life in general, I would say, having true friends or even a single one is extremely crucial. It’s just crazy how after a very stressful day when you finally meet your best friend, all that stress just vanishes and gets converted into happiness. It really does feel like magic at times. So good friends are on the list.
But, and there is always a very big but, it is never necessary that you will stick by that one friend for your entire life. I am sure we have all made so many friends over the course of our lives. I have made a dozen friends through my life of 23 years and am left with only 2 as we speak. A friend, who you may believe to be your everything, may become nothing in a flash. The factor of uncertainty always exists because bonds that form can break as well. I did say, for a better life you need a true friend but if that friend is the hindrance between you and that better life, you really can’t call them your friend.
In today’s story, we are going to see an example of this phenomenon. The story is posted by a husband on the subreddit AITA. They basically kicked their friend out because their wife was very exhausted and had to sleep. You will be reading the story yourselves and then decide whether the husband was wrong for kicking his friend out for his wife or not.
Scroll down below to read!
1. Wow, the husband has a very talented wife. She is an assistant nurse and studying to become an autopsy technician at the same time.
2. Of course she has to. In fact, she deserves two naps after all that work.
3. I really like the chemistry between the husband and wife. E, let’s see what sort of a person they are.
4. Is this the husband of dreams? He asked to come to get her wife and drive them both home just because she sounded exhausted. So cute!
5. She says it’s all good and can drive home. The boys get back to gaming in the couple’s bedroom.
Surely the wife’s going to need the bed in that bedroom to rest, right?
6. The wife has arrived but the friend, E, who the wife doesn’t really get along with, is still in the bedroom. I am sensing some turn.
7. OP, you must make her the best possible bed so she can rest peacefully.
8. Now if E is a true friend, he would understand, right?
9. The wife’s needs do come first and as a good friend, E should understand that the couple needs to spend time alone. The husband has to comfort the wife after such a tiring day.
10. Okay now this is just crazy. Why would his wife sleep in the living room so his friend could play a game in his room?
11. E has just lost all the value he had in his friend’s heart.
12. No way does the wife need to apologize in this situation. E was just being an a**.
13. Oh dear, none of his friends understand the bond between a husband and wife.
14. See, married men know the worth of a wife. As long as E is concerned, he could go suck on poop.
The importance of a wife, only a husband can truly tell the significance of it. WIves, do so much for their husbands. Like, I am sure after all those shifts and studying, OP’s wife would do house chores as well. Wives commit their entire souls to their husbands and expect the same in return. I think the husband was right to ask his friend to leave. Imagine your wife comes home exhausted, you make her a very nice bed and tell her to sleep, and go back to playing games with your friend. No, that is not an example of a good husband. A good husband would windup all his work, lay next to the wife and comfort her, help her relax into a nice sleep.
In my opinion, the only AH here was E and those other unmarried friends of OP
Here’s what users of the internet had to say about the matter:
15. Video games can wait, a stressed brain cannot.
16. Definitely needs to find new friends. And that is not easy.
17. Those unmarried friends literally had no rationale in their decision.
18. I hope OP realizes he needs to break up with those bros right away. They literally called his wife a h*e.
19. OP is a great husband and his wife knows that too. Just keep it up.
20. The whole community questioned his friendship with those bad bros. He really needs to reconsider some decisions while he still has time.
It is now your time to vote, people. What do you guys think? Was the husband in the right o wrong for kicking his friend? It’s a classic case of “friend or wife?”. Share thoughts and votes in the comments section down below and no need to hold back.
Hope you guys enjoyed this one. Stay tuned for more stories like this one!