The Reddit post that sparked this discussion began with a concerned individual seeking guidance. The OP describes a family gathering that went awry due to the behavior of a nephew. They expressed their disappointment about the lack of intervention by their daughter-in-law (DIL) and their son, suggesting that the nephew’s behavior was disruptive and unacceptable.
The OP expressed concerns about the nephew’s behavior, which they found disruptive and disrespectful. This raises questions about how to handle such situations within the extended family.
The post highlights differences in parenting styles, with the OP suggesting that their son and DIL should establish boundaries and take a more authoritative approach when dealing with their children’s behavior. The OP also mentions a strain in their relationship with their son’s in-laws and a lack of communication, both in person and through messages. This raises the issue of maintaining healthy relationships within the extended family.
Keep on scrolling down to read the full story in OP’s own words and we will see you at the end of the article.
1. Is OP an A-hole for sending a message to her son and daughter-in-law’s mother about being disappointed with her daughter-in-law’s nephew’s behavior and her grandkids
2. OP sent a message to her daughter-in-law’s mother about her disappointment with how her nephew behaved and how she doesn’t want her grandchildren around him
3. OP also told him and her daughter-in-law that they need to set boundaries and punish behavior that is not respectful of others
4. OP reminded him of how he used to tell him and his siblings to be mindful and to be very sure of the relationship
5. OP says that now her family is making excuses to not meet up and her son has not replied to any of her messages
6. This Redditor asked OP if she was brought up in a cave or under a rock
7. They sure are taking her advice lol
8. Yeah exactly why not just text your daughter-in-law instead of her mother?
9. Exactly it is up to them not OP how they parent their child
10. Exactly OP is mad because children were being childish
11. OP says that being childish does not mean they can not behave
12. OP sure does have some issues that he needs to address
13. OP sure is out of control!
14. This Redditor tried to be nice and tried to help OP understand how she is an A-hole
15. OP says that her 5 never acted that way and that she is just worried about the safety of her grandkids
16. This Redditor called out OP a liar and even said God doesn’t look kindly on liars
17. Exactly they were just being kids
18. OP sure did overstep
This is it, folks, this was the story let us know what you think about it down below in the comments section, and make sure to like and share this article with your friends and family and stay tuned for more content like this with Defused. Thank You!