Incompetent bosses put the blame on their teams for poor reporting.
A good boss would never blame his team. Good bosses work together with their teams to deliver great results. We all have bad bosses but this one employee was so mad at his boss that he took it to Reddit to share what his boss has done. His incompetent boss does not like checking the emails and always misses important emails. He told the team just two weeks before the deadline that they have to deliver a report with a time frame of four months. OP and his team requested the boss to talk to the top management and to get some more time to prepare the report but he denied it.
The whole team worked day and night even on a public holiday to make the report but guess what happened. The boss forgot to send the report to the top management. If the team were given that time, they would have improved the report and submitted a better one. The boss blamed the team for the poor report. He claimed that the team was working remotely and this is why the performance was poor. OP was angry and decided that the top management should know the truth. Scroll down for the original Reddit thread.
1. OP and his colleagues got instructions from headquarter to compile a report with a four-month time frame. They requested for an extended deadline from the boss but he refused it.
2. The boss forgot to send the report to the headquarter and sent it after three weeks. He blamed the staff for the low quality of the report.
3. OP was mad at his boss and told him that he should keep an eye on the mailbox so that he does not miss any instructions in the future.
4. The boss always tells the employees that they are replaceable and their institutional knowledge is not that important. OP does not agree with his boss.
5. OP is right and should not back down.
6. Employees should call out shitty managers.
7. People think that it would not work for OP, HR and management will probably take the boss’ side and OP should look for another job but the management took OP’s side.
8. If employees are easily replaceable, so are the bosses.
9. OP’s boss will definitely retaliate.
10. The boss cancelled a project the employee was working on for 8 months.
11. The boss assigned him an impossible task and the employee told him that it can not be done.
12. About 4 weeks later, the CEO asked about the original project. The boss told the employee to stop everything and start working on the original project.
13. The employee told the boss to get the CEO to re-authorize the project but he laughed it off and told him that he will be fired on the spot if the CEO got to know what was happening.
14. The employee is in a senior executive role with 11 direct reports. The manager went on an interstate tour and told everyone that the project will be done on time.
15. The manager calls the employee and asks about the project status:
16. The manager asked him to come to his office.
17. The same day, HR called the employee and gave him a large termination payment.
18. He took the money and left.
19. Why he did not report it to the CEO:
20. OP made an update in the comment section:
21. OP told the top boss about the report status and other issues.
22. The boss is retiring in a week and the top boss would communicate the past issues to the new boss.
23. OP is given permission to work from home until the current boss leaves.
Have you ever called out an incompetent boss? If yes, share your story with us in the comments section down below.