The “Instagram vs reality” fad has arrived.
When was the last time you uploaded your picture on social media without any photoshop or filter?Likewise, we’ve all got a buddy who can’t upload a photo to Instagram or Facebook without photoshopping it so much that you can’t tell who they are – you know that friend who we are talking about! This fact explains a lot about how the availability of picture manipulation technology has fueled society’s fixation with body image. On the other side, we have friends who aren’t scared to flaunt their natural attractiveness. Obviously, they are many people who are comfortable with uploading who they actually are, they don’t seem different on social media or in real life.
Just go and have a look at the ‘Instagram Reality’ subreddit, you will frequently find examples of people who go beyond with photo manipulation and photo editing. Well, that’s not the case with every person, oftentimes we see perfect examples of those attractive individuals who enjoy their bodies in all of its imperfections and there’s nothing wrong with that. Duh!! We need individuals in our lives who support being oneself while discouraging bodily manipulations. Because individuals these days are strongly affected by social media influencers with beautiful flawless bodies uploading pictures with ideal poses at perfect locations. Everything appears to be perfect in their image, but this is not the case. And we are all aware of this truth.
We’ve gathered some of the most wholesomely honest images from r/Instagramreality, so scroll down and have a look at them:
More info: Reddit
1. Just look at those skin textures. But damn, that’s a cute smile.
The ‘Instagram Reality’ subreddit has over 642,000 users and characterizes social media as a “breeding ground for FaceTune and Photoshop,” with some people “getting away with it,” while others have their photos splattered throughout this community.
2. It’s amazing, how fitted clothes can change the look of a person. But, she looks adorable in both ways.
3. You are always beautiful, no matter how many stretch marks you have!
In some corners of the internet, ‘Sanity Sunday’ is a word in which Sundays are reserved for good articles that let everyone relax, enjoy life, and escape the chaos of life. At least for the time being, since, as we all know, Sunday is always followed by Monday.
4. Look at this beautiful Fitness Influencer!
5. A picture of model with no photoshop…
6. A perfect caption from mommy!
Assistant Professor Brooke Erin Duffy at Cornell University stated The Guardian that editing photos too much can cause people to body shame you as well.
7. That’s the real power of makeup!
8. Well, that’s the reality. But let’s appreciate this honesty.
9. That’s why the angles matter a lot.
10. Royals don’t edit their Instagram pictures. Look at that skin textures and wrinkles!
The professor stated: “Nobody wants to be called a fake. Influencers very much feel they need to present themselves authentically while getting the best image possible. It’s not seen as acceptable to put up a photo with a big spot. So you either put up the spot photo and get hate in the comments or you remove the spot,”
11. Loving this un-edited picture. She actually looks so young and stunning.
12. Love the body positivity in this picture.
13. One of my absolute favorite YouTuber!
14. Finally, we got to see a real picture with some real eyebrows!
15. She still looks great. No?
Why are women considered “brave” if they display themselves without make-up and filters, as well as their “imperfect” bodies? We see many influencers trying to prove that they’re attractive even if they don’t look like models. You’re OK; you don’t have to prove anything to the rest of the world.
16. “Flattering” And “Unflattering” Pictures!
17. When you accidently open your front camera.
18. Well, that’s the perfect real picture of Runner on Instagram.
19. A quick transformation from Reality to Perfection!
20. A beautiful person inside out. Those Cellulites don’t matter.
21. A perfect Marketing Strategy.
22. Being natural is beautiful.
23. Nice Foundation branding.
24. “Unflattering Photos” to prove every body has flaws.
25. A Pretty & Happy Woman!
26. When you are brave enough to post both “Good” & “Bad” days pictures.
27. Influencer showing Stretch Marks!
28. It takes courage to post this picture.
29. Perfect Body Rolls!!
30. Lastly, our queen Lady Gaga posted her picture without air-brushing her skin.
Have you ever edited a photo before posting it on social media? If that’s the case, what’s the point of altering your photo? We’d love to hear your comments and ideas on why you edit images. Also, don’t forget to share these images with your loved ones who are heavily influenced by social media influencers.