Adopting an animal can overload your life with cuteness.
Adoption is not a simple process. There are so many associations attached to adopting a pet animal. The first factor is “joy” that comes with a new addition to the family. The next one is “hard work”. If you think all you had to do was go and adopt a pet from a shelter and that’s it, please think again. Having a pet at home is exactly like having a toddler. It requires immense patience and parenting skills to familiarize them with who their new family is. And then the factor of emotion, cuteness, and the list go on and on. Bringing a pet animal into your house can really change your life for the good. You get a complete package from a little baby who destroys all furniture in the house to a companion who will always stick by your side till the end of the line.
So yes, whoever was the first person to adopt an animal, thanks for setting the trend for the rest of us. It helps give a new life to that animal and to the human who adopts that animal.
Today’s focus will be on adoption as you must’ve already guessed. We’ve got 17 wholesome adoption stories for you guys to enjoy.
So sit back and get ready for the emotional rollercoaster!
1. “This down syndrome guy picked me.”
2. “Was outside gardening and a kitten of a feral cat in our neighborhood ended up coming right up to me.”
3. “My neighbor just adopted this little thing and I just can’t”
4. “Got her post-divorce, she’ll be my partner for the next decade.”
5. “My mom got her first pet at the age of 70.”
6. “Finally got to pick him up today! Please meet Jupiter.”
7. “Our “stray” introduced me to her children a week ago. they just learned how to climb into bed.”
8. “Convinced my husband to let me get a kitten … guess he likes her okay.”
9. “The stray we found has made our home his home. This is Crow.”
Can you guys believe your eyes right now? Because I really can’t believe mine. All thee pets are so adorable and gorgeous my heart cannot take this much cuteness. And the stories are so wholesome. I could read a thousand of this. And these stories are lowkey convincing me to adopt an animal.
10. “My parent’s barn cat cuddling with the new foster kittens on their back porch this morning. We were worried he wouldn’t like them”
11. “I adopted my first cat!”
12. “My husband informed me we had a “small problem” when he went to weed eat. Meet Sammy, world. Our own small problem…solved.”
13. “Recently adopted this polite young lady. Meet Mooncake!”
14. “Been struggling with depression and anxiety for years. And I have finally decided to adopt my own cat and I already feel so much better. Say hi to Princess Leia everyone”
15. “I went to the shelter and asked for the cat that had been there the longest”
16. “I have wanted a cat for 7+ years but my parents would never let me get one. I got my own apartment and with it my first cat. Everyone, meet Miho.”
17. “I always considered myself as a dog guy, but in the last 2 years I really started to want a cat and since I moved to my own a few months ago, I decided to finally get one. Meet Tayga everyone.”
I really hope you guys enjoyed it and I know you are eager to get a pet now if you didn’t have one previously.
Do share your thoughts in the comments section down below!