Be prepared for your daily dose of wholesomeness.
Mikiko, the artist of the comics we are about to show you, lives in London, UK. However, her roots are German-Japanese. She likes to illustrate her daily life with her boyfriend and cat. It doesn’t sound very exciting at first, but this artist demonstrates how it is the little things in life that should matter. We should cherish moments like these that we usually take for granted.
Because of her background, Mikiko’s comics are very colourful and diverse. She spoke about her home, “I was born in Tokyo and grew up in Hong Kong, Germany, Japan and Belgium, so manga (Japanese comics) were a way for me to connect to home,” she said. “I always drew, but at age 12 I read my first Shonen Jump magazine (action adventure!) and decided, that’s what I wanted to do as a job.”
Because of her bubbly and cheerful personality, literally everything in the world inspires her. “Mainly people, music and life in general. Other artists too of course! People are so creative and funny, it’s inspiring.”
Scroll down below to see her amazing comics:
1. Unconditional motherly love.
2. Tall people are the best selfie sticks.
3. Keeping your kitty warm.
4. My cat is bread.
5. Tall friends are awesome.
6. Your safe place.
7. Sabotaging your games.
8. Keep petting me.
9. When you have a babyface.
10. How to make all your worries go away.
11. Getting accidentally flashed.
12. Grandma is proud of you no matter what.
13. Must slap face.
14. The pet choosing process.
15. Outdoors vs Indoors cats.
16. I always forget to take my headphones off.
17. Check the cat stash.
18. Always forgetting the towel.
19. Staring into the void.
20. Getting comfortable at home.
Aren’t these comics adorable? Even though they aren’t centred around one specific topic, they clearly depict what it is like to be loved by your boyfriend and cat. This is so wholesome. We need to appreciate the people that we love while we still can. If you own a cat, you can probably relate to many of these comics. Scroll down below for the rest:
21. Cat expressions.
22. How scarves work.
23. How cats wake you up for breakfast.
24. Germans are pros at drinking.
25. Work VS Selfies.
26. Everything will be okay. You are loved.
27. What it is like to be a comic artist.
28. Happy birthday. I tried.
29. Love for guitars is endless.
30. Battling the weather for your package.
31. Leaving work for a few minutes before the deadline.
32. That itself is a lie.
33. I also once accidentally drank paint water.
34. Expectation VS Reality.
35. Laundry with Emi.
36. Love hurts.
37. One day, I’ll get this right.
38. Can’t live without each other.
39. I know not all Asians look alike but…
40. Losing your pizza really is a nightmare.
Weren’t these adorable and wholesome? They certainly made me smile and chuckle. What about you? Did you enjoy these comics? Let us know in the comments below!