The relationship between neighbors is something that keeps moving up and down. When you need a favor, they are the best, other than that they are the worst people you have ever had the experience to live with. Still, though, they are our neighbors and we must respect them if they are being respectful to us. It is a give-and-take relationship. If you are not linked to me then be nice and expect the same.
This one woman in today’s story expected her neighbor to be nice to her too but that didn’t happen. The neighbor I am talking about is a person, mackthepony, who shared this story on the internet because they weren’t sure if what they did was right or not. They shared one day a neighbor of theirs came to their house along with her dog. Yes, I have switched the terms now so please don’t get confused. The neighbor was selling her house and while her real-estate agent showed her house to an interested party that was there, she requested OP if she could sit on their lawn along with her dog for an hour. As soon as the party is done looking around her house, she will leave.
A pretty decent, simple request. But we don’t know the relationship between these two people so cannot really say anything. OP sort of felt annoyed by this request and didn’t like it because there was a very big park nearby so they wondered why couldn’t she just go there and sit for as long as she wanted.
OP asked the internet if they were being unreasonable to get pissed off at the request their neighbor made to them. The internet had much to say. Scroll down below to read the story!
1. Their neighbor was selling her house so while the real estate agent showed her home to the party, she requested this person if she could sit in their garden with her dog for an hour.
2. OP shared there is a very big park very next to where they live. This hints that they are not comfortable with the request and are sort of questioning why she wants to sit in their house when there is a park nearby where she can go with her dog.
3. Really confused about the whole scenario, the original poster asked the internet if getting angry at the woman’s request makes them unreasonable.
The internet had a mixed view. Here’s what the people had to say:
4. Don’t see a problem in it.
5. She is selling which means you probably knew she existed. That would be enough reason for me to allow her to sit on my lawn.
You know what, I kind of would allow the neighbor to sit on my lawn. It is only a matter of an hour and I didn’t sense any rudeness in the neighbor’s voice. For an hour, what’s the worst she could do sitting on a lawn? If too much, I would’ve sat with the woman and offered her a cup of tea, chatted with her for an hour, and allow her to leave after an hour. Simple!
However, if the neighbor has done something terrible to OP in the past then sure, in no way should they allow the woman to enter.
6. If you are on good terms with the neighbor then you should definitely allow her to sit.
7. This wouldn’t have caused any harm so why not.
8. A comment against the request. This person thinks the request seems odd and there are too many, better, places she could take her dog to chill.
9. As long as the neighbor cleans it all even if the dog takes a dump, she can sit.
10. If the neighbor has previously ruined it for them in some way then no, if not, then yes.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“My dog has a cast on his paw and he is simply defeated.”