So you think you’re tough, eh?
Men like to act masculine and think it is super manly to not show affection towards pets. But that can not last very long. Pets have a way of making their way to our hearts. Even if you are cold with them, those puppy dog eyes or the fluffiness of those cats are bound to win your heart with the passage of time. You can never stay away from your pet for too long. If you have a pet in the house, consider it a blessing. They will give you unconditional love all your life. What more could you need? This kind of love melts the stone cold hearts of “tough” men that do not want any pets at first but then give in to their cuteness. In the end, the pets always win. Scroll down below to see 20 tough men who did not want pets but eventually gave up:
1. “My boyfriend, who very clearly told me that if he gets me a puppy I am 100% solely responsible, and Apollo. Love these 2.”
2. “I’m not taking care of another dog.” My dad, who now spends 24/7 with their adopted German Shepard, Daisy, and spoils her rotten.”
3.“Do not bring them into this house”
4. “And I quote: ’Don’t you dare bring that disease-ridden stray inside.’”
5. “My dad sending selfies of him with the 2 cats he didn’t want.”
6. “It took years to convince my dad to get us a dog but here he is kissing my dog’s foot after he hurt it chasing a rabbit.”
7. When you didn’t want them in your house but now, you can’t live without them.
My dad never wanted pets in the house. He thought it was too much responsibility and they create too much mess. I now have 3 cats in the house that love cuddling with my dad. He was very cold towards them at first but now I find him bringing treats for them and cuddling up with them in a blanket. He hates to admit it, but he loves all of them. That is the story of every tough man that does not want a pet at first. We are only halfway through the post. Scroll down for some more wholesomeness:
8. “Dad didn’t like Mouse. Mouse didn’t like dad. Something happened and now they’re inseparable.”
9. “My dad told me to not take in the stray kitten. Walked in on him showing the cat the bird feeder he made for ’Cat TV.’”
10.“’We can feed her, but there’s no way she’s setting foot inside our house.’ Now he loves her more than any of us!”
11. “2012: ’We are NOT getting another cat.’ 2021: ’Can I use a bit of the workbench today, Bucky?’”
12. “I’m too tired for another dog…”
13. “Do NOT get a dog.”
14. “My dad and the dog he didn’t want to get”
15. “Dad’s on a ’very important Zoom call’… and the pup’s been promoted from unwanted to assistant!”
16. “My dad didn’t want Luna, but then traded in his car for something more suitable for taking her absolutely anywhere he could.”
17. “We’re never getting another cat.”
18. “My dad and the shelter cat that stole his heart 16 years ago”
19. “Was told I had to take the dog with me when I move out, now I’m not allowed…”
20. “No dogs on the bed.”
Do you know anyone who wanted to act tough and not get a pet but eventually gave in? Share your stories with us! The comments are right below.