Parents cannot force a life onto you that they like.
Have you guys ever been in a situation where your fate gets decided even before you learn how to crawl? For example, if you are born into a family of doctors, you already know you will take that Biology major in college. The same goes for engineers, lawyers, architects, and every single field in the world. Yes, I am sure the majority of you have been forced a life upon you. But that’s just not how reality works. Like, how many times have you heard moms say they will only feed their kids healthy stuff until the kid learns how to decide for themselves and show the reality to the mother. I just don’t understand why they decide for their kids when the kids will have full capacity and the brains to make decisions for themselves when the time is right.
I have seen parents go “Our kid would never.” or “I will make parenting so easy as my kid will understand everything and cooperate” or “Mine is different”, blah blah. And when reality hits them, they refrain from their claims like they never made them.
Today we have a story for you guys about a mother whose child was just about to start the transition from having liquids to solids. And this pretentious foodie mom decided to make a bold claim that her kid would never order the kids’ menu. A very weird wish, if you ask me. Like people claim their child would fly space rockets and this one claims her kid wouldn’t order kid meals at a restaurant. Anyways, mothers of the internet saw this post and decided to give their opinions because this pretentious foodie had to be given a reality check before her own child gave it to her.
Scroll down below to read the responses of those mothers of the world.
Here’s the bold claim from the pretentious mom herself. Her kid wouldn’t be the kid’s menu kind of child.
And here is what the mothers of the world had to say in response:
1. A grilled cheese without cheese, that’s the reality the pretentious foodie mom is going to get hit with.
2. Just imagine someone making that order. That would be a one to watch.
3. You cannot transfer likings through genes.
4. You have so many dreams until they get shattered.
5. Prepare for it, Karen. You are going to need all the preparation you can do.
6. Sarcasm 101.
7. You thought your kid would develop a great palette at the age of 7…months?
8. A menu every mother wants to feed her child.
9. I think she just did.
10. She is a very smart mom.
I remember when I still consumed liquids only, my mother would blend an egg into the milk and feed me that stuff and I would chug that sh*t like it was a Belgium chocolate milkshake. I used to eat the most healthy things ever, all the greens you can think of. Now? Now I survive on a double beef patty with double cheese burgers. Did my mom ever imagine this would be the case now? Nope. Did she think she could enforce a diet upon me? Unfortunately yes, but failed terribly. Oh, and I had taken sciences till my A-Levels. I am currently doing an undergraduate in Business Administration. Reality can be very different.
11. I probably wouldn’t buy food if it has this fancy name.
12. Okay…isn’t that a bit scary?
13. This is so damn true. I remember my breakfast was only french fries and nuggets at 4.
14. I am equally surprised.
15. That mom is going to have to deal with a lot.
16. I love those who eat or at least try all sorts of cuisines.
17. You will too, Karen. You will too.
18. Okay, that is gross.
19. Kids love setting some expectations in their parents’ minds and then breaking them like a piece of glass.
20. Predicting a kid’s mood when it comes to eating is impossible.
I hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section down below.
Stay tuned for more.