Parents love making parenting a competition.
For some reason when a couple becomes a child bearer, they always consider parenting as a competition. There comes a sense of superiority as to who does it better and all the parents of the world like to think they do it way better than anyone else. And yes, all parents are always in alpha mode when it comes to criticizing other parents for bad or inferior painting. It is amazing how easily we strike a judgment with so little, incomplete, and probably inaccurate information. But it is a tradition and traditions shall always commence as they are. The best strategy in this department is that people spy out all the information they need to shame you and hold onto it patiently to strike at the right moment.
Today’s story that we have got for you guys is about a mother whose daughter has a lot of food allergies (those who have food allergies would know how tough it can be). So the mother decided that for her daughter’s birthday all the food is vegan in order to avoid any dangerous allergies or sickness on her big day. Unfortunately, this news wasn’t taken as positively as the mother thought everyone would. And we are equally confused as you guys are.
Scroll down below to read the details.
1. In today’s episode of dramatic family events, we’ve got a vegan vs non-vegan dilemma.
Well, this is going to be an interesting one.
2. Poor girl was allergic to all dairy products; milk, eggs, everything.
It is good that they got it diagnosed at a very young age and didn’t have to face any bad consequences.
3. Wait a minute, why make non-dairy food for the guests when your child is allergic?
4. The family had spent a lot of time figuring out what she was most allergic to.
5. So the rationale provided by the mother was that the vegan food was made so she didn’t have to worry about her daughter grabbing the food and eating it.
6. Yes maybe you should consider opinions of adults instead of someone who can’t even eat on their own.
This is raising some red flags. She decided to make all food egg and dairy free but for who? The guests who are not allergic. And why strictly vegan? I think you man a lot of meat dishes which do not require any dairy or egg. Very weird. Let’s see what happens next.
7. A full fledge vegan menu was in process.
8. Those who had to actually eat at the party should get what they like to it. Not what their daughter can eat (which she can’t at such an age).
9. Why not do a vegan and a non vegan meal and keep an eye on your daughter?
10. Okay you need to slow down maam.You cater to those you invite. That 1 year old will only care about balloons and weird sounds.
11. This dumb human gave a whole ass lecture on daughter protection only to declare that her use of the word “vegan” didn’t really mean vegan.
12. Well this isn’t Germany so I am glad soup is off the table. A dinner at a party should be nothing less than a medium-rare steak.
What do you guys think? Was this person an a-hole or not? Share your thoughts in the comments section down below.