It shouldn’t be a choice in the first place.
If you’re getting into a relationship, the first piece of advice would be to make sure your partner knows that you have a pet at home. Your pets are like your children and your love and affection for your own children is immeasurable, to say the least. Abandoning your pet for someone else is the worst thing you can do in your life and that point should never be reached. It’s not only cruel for your pet but I think it’s the most awful thing someone can do.
Your pets, just like your children, get used to you, your house, and even your family. They make their own special place in your life and get accustomed to having you around. They’ll always look at you the same way a child looks at their parent. But unfortunately, we live in a world where people can force their partners to make the irrational choice of either keeping them around or their pet which is just heartbreaking if you think about it. But people that consider the fact that you share a very special bond with your pet and adapt to live with that are the best! More power to them.
So today we, look at a few Redditors who share their opinion on the same subject matter.
1. This woman deserved better and she got the perfect man.
2. This guy was being really ridiculous. It was really immature of him to act this way. You cannot expect a foster animal to start loving you right away.
You cannot just return an animal back to the shelter. They are living beings too and they have feelings. Soon, the cat found herself in a healthy house and a caring mother.
3. This seems really sad and the good thing is that this person realizes the problems his allergy can cause in their relationship.
4. This is where the wife is wrong.
5. Karma did its thing. You can never separate a man from his dog.
6. It’s really strange that people make this an issue. She had her cat way longer than him.
7. As long as no one was hurt by them, it’s fine.
8. There couldn’t have been a more perfect conclusion.
9. Picking between your family/pet or your partner should never be a choice.
I think people really need to understand that your pets are a part of you and your family. It’s not difficult to see how much one might be affectionate towards their pet and asking someone to leave their pet is just inhumane. It’s also weird that some people might compare their love with their partner’s pet.
10. This was misbehaviour from her end and what happened next was justified.
11. And here, we have a hero.
12. You cannot just force someone to abandon their baby like that.
13. The old dog is in loving and caring hands now.
14. No one should be allowed to call a cat or any other animal that.
15. I’d be relieved too if I was in her shoes.
16. The guy was just being honest.
17. This one is a doozy.
Everything was fine until he asked this question.
He was being overdramatic and he made everything about himself.
This guy came out looking dumb at the end.
What do you guys think? Should anyone give this ultimatum to their partners? Let us know in the comment section below.