We take our own life decisions. That is how it should be. But sometimes we have to get some genuine advice, maybe even from strangers at times, because the decision we are about to take may not be in our best interest. That is exactly what happened in the story we have got for you guys today.
Reddit user GirlWithInternet after 2 years of consulting, counseling, and giving it deep thoughts decided to become a single mother through artificial insemination. Her choice, and we must all respect it. Just when the clinic was about to conduct the procedure, COVID hit and clinics got closed. During this gap period, her curious self decided to get involved with dating apps and found herself a date. About a month into dating this guy who was extremely lovely to him, the clinic called OP that they were open again and were ready to conduct the procedure if she was ready. OP said yes but a concern birthed in her mind. She was confused as to whether she should tell her date of one month that she is planning to become a single mother. She felt it is too early to tell him something like this but at the same time telling him after she gets pregnant may not result in him taking this news well.
So OP turned to the subreddit “Am I The A$$hole?” to know if she would be an AH for not telling her date about her plans to become a single mother.
Scroll down below to read the story.
1. Maybe you would be one but we should never judge a book by its cover.
2. After years of thinking and consultation OP decided she wants to be a single mother.
3. COVID came and OP’s plan to have artificial insemination got postponed. While waiting, she got engaged in dating apps, looking for guys but just to see how it goes…without really setting any expectations.
4. And it happened. She started feeling an emotional connection with a guy she met online.
5. While forming a bond with this guy, OP finally got a call from her clinic saying they are open again and can go ahead with the procedure.
6. Excited about insemination OP is slightly conflicted as to should she tell G about this or not. The two have been together for one month by this time.
7. OP’s friend suggests she waits a bit longer as the two have been dating for very little time but she is concerned he may get angry when she tells him after she is pregnant.
8. Wow, she really is in a complex situation…or is she making it complicated for herself?
9. Uncertain and not having any idea what to do, OP took the matter to the AITA community members to know whether she will be an a$$hole for not telling G about her plan to become a single mother.
Here’s what the internet had to say:
10. If it isn’t a casual hookup, G deserves to know.
11. There should exist complete transparency between partners…especially when development is this big.
12. OP’s curiosity actually resulted in her being called an AH by this Redditor.
13. He may not take that news well at that time as compared to now.
14. If you are absolutely sure that you want to be a single mother you might as well tell him now and get over with.
I would like to side with the AITA community members here and say OP will be a major AH for not telling G that is planning to have artificial insemination. You don’t hide things from those you feel an emotional connection with. You are being a hypocrite if you do so because they may be telling you absolutely everything that is happening in their life…and you are about to keep a secret from him that probably may be the most important information he must know. Maybe he doesn’t support this decision. What then? If she tells him about it after getting pregnant, he will leave her and she will be left heartbroken. So, OP must tell him that she plans to become a single mother.
With that being said, the story does not end here. Let’s explore the rest of it that came after a little pause. Scroll down below to continue reading.
A month after sharing the story, OP had an update to share with everyone. Here it is:
15. This is huge.
16. All hail the AITA community members. They convinced OP to tell G the truth.
17. OP explained everything to G in detail and to her surprise…he took it positively.
18. I did not see that one coming. The couple has decided to have a child together.
19. I am not crying, you are.
20. Things played out perfectly. I am so happy this update exists. Good luck to OP and G.
From calling OP an a$$hole to congratulating her, the mood of Redditors changed pretty quickly after reading the update. Here’s what they had to say:
21. The entire subreddit got filled with tears of joy.
22. Why am I feeling so excited? It’s not even me who is having the baby.
23. The label “possible future a$$hole” has been removed from OP. Yes!
24. The votes changed, thanks to the beautiful update.
25. I want this couple to become great grandparents together.
26. Now please get married.
27. This update put a smile on everyone’s face.
28. Things may have gone terribly had OP followed her friend’s advice. But all that is in the past now.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this rollercoaster of a story. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“Thought we were adopting a kitten…might just be a stuffed animal…done nothing but sleep for 3 days.”