These students wanted to know what the whole fuss around parenting is about.
A group of students at the Chippewa Secondary School was assigned a very creative idea for their annual school project. They wanted to explore how it feels like to be parents. Now, nobody was going to hand them over real babies for a science project so they got some very realistic-looking fake babies and took them for a week. They are fake babies so one would instantly think “How are they going to experience parenting when the babies are fake?”. It seems like it’ll just be a normal week for the students but no, there is a lot more to it.
The teenagers were actually having a tough time being parents as was discovered by their class teacher, Andrea Lefebvre who had initially thought the project would be very simple and easy for the students to execute. She came to know about this because every time the students would get stuck in a situation, they would text the class teacher for a solution, and let’s just say, they got stuck at a lot of hurdles and all kinds of hurdles.
This is what the babies looked like.
The fake babies were actually very realistic, they had to be taken care of like real babies. For example, their diapers had to be changed, they had to be burped after food, they would suddenly start crying, they would want to be lifted up and walked around, and all kinds of stuff a real baby would do. And they would record everything so the teacher could actually see how the students did in terms of parenting to score the project.
The students didn’t have a great time being parents and the school totally recognized that.
Let’s enjoy some of the text messages class teacher Andrea received during the project week from the future parents.
1. At first it wasn’t doing a thing and then it started crying for twenty minutes straight only to sleep again on the 21st minute, the unpredictability can really mess with you.
2. No you cannot chuck the baby in the bag and go out for a walk, wrap it up in a blanket.
3. You have to give up on that quiet time once you have a baby in the house.
4. Here we go again, the student jinxed it.
5. Looks like the attempt of murder failed.
6. Looks like this student has had it.
I don’t think he would want to shut it down after such a response.
7. Just making sure.
I am pretty sure they will be better prepared when it comes to real parenting. The troubles are real, you can’t take it easy that is for sure. I really respect all the parents in the world for being so patient and working effortlessly to provide their babies with the best possible childhood.
Here’s what the internet had to say about this:
8. Students used to do the same project with a sack filled with flour back in the days.
9. Parenting is not a piece of cake.
10. They can’t handle one child, imagine 2.
11. Why are people so excited to do this?
12. To be fair, it will make them aware of the responsibility coming ahead.
13. I feel sorry for you.
14. I am very curious to know how that one went.
15. This person had an outstanding experience with this project.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section down below.