Having a well-trained service dog can be very helpful for people who struggle with anxiety. An anxiety service dog can calm the person, anticipate anxiety attacks, and even bring the owner’s prescription. Not only that, but anxiety service dogs may spot the early signs of an anxiety attack before it ever happens. During a panic attack, they can get supplies of water or medication and bring them to the worried person. Among other things, these dogs can discourage spectators from approaching a distraught person. Consequently, it makes perfect sense that the OP in today’s article objected to taking a family trip without her ESA.
The OP has been discussing the best way to deal with her extremely high levels of anxiety, PTSD, and depression with her therapist. The problem is that her family began taking yearly beach trips approximately twenty years ago, and eventually their husbands and children joined in. The OP had previously tried to invite herself, but there was always a reason why it couldn’t work out. As a result, she gave up trying, and her family also declined to invite her. She made the choice to avoid her family for the benefit of her mental well-being. Her dad then extended an invitation to join them on a different trip, but there was a problem: the OP was unable to bring her ESA. Scroll down to read the complete narrative.
1. OP is giving us the bottom line of the story here
2. The OP once tried to arrange a lunch because I was travelling through the same location at the time.
3. Instead of feeling left out, the OP chose to concentrate on doing something enjoyable for themselves.
4. The OP needed to spend some time apart from the family because they were hurt.
5. The OP stated once more that the home was not dog friendly.
[ ADVERTISEMENT ]
6. The OP’s buddy said that I was being unfairly judged by her.
Here are what Redditors had to say about this story.
7. They’re not nice people, so keep your boundaries.
8. It is advised to OP to stay on the right path
9. They can’t relax around you
10. It feels really crappy to be left out
11. Build meaningful new relationships
12. You have the ESA dog because of them.
13. Puppy must go on a holiday
14. Dealing only with the great elements at this time.
15. This Redditor is glad that OP sought therapy
16. Get-togethers are planned like this
17. Mental health isn’t a comfy issue for the OP’s family
18. The OP is somewhat unique compared to the rest of the family.
19. Can we say that this is the reason as they all have kids?
20. This way, a new tradition should be started
What is your take on the story? Do you agree with the behavior that OP showed? What would you do if you were in her situation? What is your opinion on who is at fault here? Do share your opinion with us. If you want to read more such articles on our website, keep visiting us!
Time for dog tax
Hope he made you all smile.