In this complex family story, a young couple, engaged since last August, finds himself entangled in a web of strained relationships. The issues begin when the bride’s mom hosts an engagement party without involving the father and his wife. The stepmom, feeling excluded, expresses her discontent and requests not to be involved in events that would cause her discomfort. Despite the bride’s efforts to navigate this delicate situation by keeping the stepmom involved in certain aspects, tensions escalate when the bride chooses to go dress shopping with her mom instead of the stepmom. This decision leads the stepmom to withdraw from any further involvement in the wedding, leaving the bride caught in the crossfire of family discord.
The situation takes a more dramatic turn when the father requests a meeting to discuss the strained relationship. However, he sets stringent rules for his participation in the wedding, dictating how the bride should treat the stepmom during the ceremony. The bride, feeling that these demands infringe on her autonomy and control over her wedding, firmly rejects the rules. Moreover, she learns that her father and stepmother have spread false rumors about her fidelity, adding another layer of betrayal to an already tumultuous family situation.
So keep on scrolling down below to read the whole story narrated by OP and make sure to read it till the end otherwise, you won’t be able to tell us whether OP is an A-hole or not.
1. OP’s fiance proposed to her last August so OP’s mom decided to host an engagement party and invite her side of the family they are divorced so the dad and the stepmom asked OP If she could speak with her fiance because she was upset about being left out of the celebration
2. OP explained to her that her mother arranged the party she did not and then A asked if there was a chance of that happening again make sure to not involve her in the first place
3. After that incident, OP made sure A was involved in things and OP couldn’t involve Mom and A in the same things, so A decided on the wedding venue.
4. When A told OP not to tell her about things she wasn’t involving her and it was easy for OP as she didn’t have to pick between A and her mom, later A sent OP a message saying she couldn’t be involved in the wedding anymore.
5. When OP’s dad confronted OP and asked her to apologize to A for not inviting her to go dress shopping OP told her dad that she was the one making peace and apologizing since she was a kid and she wouldn’t be doing this anymore
6. A month later Dad asked OP to meet and talk and OP insisted that they needed a counselor present at her side before the meeting but he set 8 rules that OP had to follow for him to be in the same ceremony.
7. OP said she wouldn’t be abiding by these rules for her wedding then later OP’s aunt and cousin told her that at Christmas her dad and A told everyone that she was cheating on her fiance before he purposed
8. And when OP asked Dad for his RSVP he said he booked a vacation instead to celebrate Father’s Day
9. OP is NTA but this is my question too OP should have ghosted him instead
10. Exactly, Dad was dragging OP in the middle of their issues although OP was complying with everyone.
11. This user is right!
13. That’s what he deserves and it is legit!
14. OP shouldn’t have contacted them after what happened
15. This user got a solid point and I go along with it
16. OP would definitely be better off without him
17. This is a fact!
Shed your thoughts about this situation in the comment section below and don’t forget to like and share it with your friends and family. Stay tuned with Defused for more content. Thank You!