In the aftermath of this story, a palpable silence settled over the room. The stepfather, visibly taken aback by the OP’s pointed remarks about their unequal upbringing, seemed at a loss for words. The room remained quiet for a while until the stepfather, with a hint of remorse, acknowledged that he would have done things differently in the past, treating all the children equally.
OP stood firm in her decision, refusing to provide financial assistance for Amy’s house deposit. Despite the stepfather’s attempts to justify the request by highlighting OP’s and Luke’s financial success, the response was a resolute “no.” The mention of the past inequalities in their upbringing lingered in the air, leaving an uncomfortable tension among family members. OP’s mother later suggested that the refusal could have been delivered without delving into the painful memories of childhood, emphasizing the potential for a less confrontational approach.
So keep on scrolling down below to read the whole story narrated by OP and make sure to read it till the end otherwise, you won’t be able to let us know who’s the A-hole here,
1. When OP was about 10 years old her mother married her stepfather moreover, OP only had one brother named Luke who was 15 at that time, and her stepfather had Amy and Ada who were 12 and 11
2. OP said she didn’t come from a privileged background and her mum was a minimum wage worker and her dad was often absent moreover, now her stepfather is from a privileged background but their deal is that they wouldn’t combine finances they would contribute equally to the house and take care of children with spare money.
3. OP said her mother never had anything for them whereas her step siblings would have luxury as in that they would go on holidays while OP and Luke were at home and they had their room while OP and Luke had to share
4. OP and Luke were teased by this situation but OP’s mother would say that they should be thankful for what they have as they live in a good house and a good neighborhood
5. Luke and OP became determined that they would do something good for them and so they did, both of them have good careers and finances. Since OP turned 18 and moved out they are not in touch but she says that she wouldn’t call three of them friends but if they had to exist in the same place they would peacefully.
6. When OP visited her mum recently her stepfather asked OP if they could assist Amy financially to buy a house since she’s pregnant
7. But OP said no and when he insisted that Luke and OP should give her 10k to buy a house
8. When the stepfather said that they should help out their family if they can OP replied “Like how you helped me and Luke when we were kids” By this point things have turned upside down
9. Now OP wants to know whether she’s an A-hole or not
10. The truth needed to be spoken after all this
12. What do you guys and gal think about this?
13. Exactly, you reap what you sow!
14. What a pathetic excuse!
15. This user got a solid point
16. The audacity
17. I mean from where does he get the confidence that he won’t take no for an answer
Shed your thoughts about this post in the comment section below and don’t forget to like and share it with your friends and family. Stay tuned with Defused for more content. Thank You!