A Redditor who works in construction recently reported an encounter with the boss at a previous job. It was only expected that occasionally the workers would be a little late considering that they often began work very early. The author Righthandedranger wrote in a post that received 45.4k upvotes that “Boss grew tired of folks walking in at 6:05 or 6:03 when we start at 6:00 (even though he was a few minutes late more frequently than any one of us were.
As a result, the supervisor suggested deducting 15 minutes from each employee’s time if they failed to appear in front of him at precisely 6 o’clock. He was unable to realize that this could not have gone well for him in the end.
So keep on scrolling down below to know what really happened here and make sure to read it until the end otherwise, you are not going to get the whole point here.
1. Here goes the title to this post
2. Boss got tired of people getting late for 3 to 5 minutes even though the boss himself got late often
3. OP got to the job site on time but he had forgotten his tape measure in the car and by the time he got back to the job site, his boss got aggressive and docked OP for 15 minutes.
4. I enjoy what I do but I don’t do it for free
5. Doing work without getting paid is against the law, are you sure you want me to work for free?
6. They did it well, I mean what’s the point of working when you are getting constantly docked for showing up late, it’s better to work when their time is started.
7. It was better for the boss to bear being late for 2 minutes instead of being late for 15 minutes now
8. After a few weeks they all started working as they were supposed to before, credit goes to OP.
9. Nobody deserves to work for free, the credit also goes to the workers’ unity for the common interest.
10. OP took off work for a few days as her mother fell sick which cost him losing the job
11. OP accidentally triggered a wave of malicious compliance by which his boss got chewed out over it
12. Some bosses really need to start treating their employees like adults, not children.
13. A lot of users had a lot to say regarding the same situation they faced
14. Standing up for yourself never goes in vain, remember always if you are being treated poorly you need to stand up and speak for yourself! Otherwise, you keep on getting exploited.
15. Don’t we all need this FED time?
16. What are your thoughts about this ladies and gentlemen?
17. God always has better plans for us, everything happens for a reason.
18. OP boss was a horrible boss end of debate
19. A lot of these companies have sick policies
20. Don’t worry if you have to leave a job where the work environment is toxic, eventually, you will find a better job. Don’t let yourself be exploited
21. Sorry but I don’t work off the clock
22. What in the heck is wrong with these stupid policies?
23. Keep things simple and treat your employees with a good attitude, I don’t know why people don’t practice this. It does not cost you anything.
24. Best reply ever
Let us know what do you think about these stupid policies in the comment section below and don’t forget to like and share it with your friends and family. Stay tuned with Defused for more content. Thank You!
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings