The holiday season is often associated with joy and generosity. It’s a time when people come together to celebrate and spread happiness. For many, the holidays are also a time to give back to their communities and help those in need. One way to do this is by sponsoring families in need through online groups like the one in this Reddit story.
As a first-time sponsor, the writer was excited to connect with a family and make a difference in their holiday season. They found a post from a mom with two girls, and after some messaging back and forth, they went shopping for presents worth $150. However, things took a turn when the mom became unresponsive and did not pick up the gifts for 10 days despite multiple messages.
Feeling frustrated and guilty, the writer turned to the group administrator for advice. To their surprise, they learned that the mom had a difficult time and was likely struggling to make ends meet. The admin assured the writer that they would handle the situation and get back to them.
So keep on scrolling down to read the full story in OP’s own words and trust us on this one you don’t want to miss out on this story so keep on scrolling down and we will see you at the end of the article.
1. Is he the Karen for reporting a mom? Keep on scrolling down to find out
2. The OP is a part of an online holiday gift group that pairs in-need families with sponsors
3. OP is comfortable but not rich and is a bit depressed.
4. The family picked up the presents from OP’s porch through a contactless pickup and left a lovely handmade thank you card in return for the presents
5. OP thought he could help another family and get some happiness out of the deal
6. It’s been 10 days since OP has posted many messages to her, but she leaves him on read or responds with “ok”.
7. OP asked the group administrator how he should handle the situation
8. OP didn’t ask for details but he now feels very guilty
9. OP feels like a huge entitled Karen and he is questioning his intentions to be part of this group
10. Exactly she is the one who failed to communicate with OP and she is the one who never showed up
11. Exactly not even close to being a Karen
12. Sure it does sound like she is going through a rough time
13. It does sound like that
14. Is he weirdo for being annoyed at someone for not being receptive?
15. Well yes we wouldn’t blame her because there must be a reason, but also this does not make the OP a Karen
This was it, folks, this was it folks, this was the story let us know what you think about it down below in the comments section, and make sure to like and share this article with your friends and family and stay tuned for more content like this with Defused. Thank You!