In this story, a young adult couple had been looking forward to their upcoming cruise vacation for months. The couple had been dating for nearly two years and wanted to use this opportunity to create lasting memories together. Initially, they agreed to book the cruise through one partner’s parents, who had invited the couple to join them on the trip. The parents insisted this arrangement would help save money.
However, as the departure date approached, the couple realized their room assignments had been secretly changed by the parents. Instead of having their room, they were now separated, with each partner sharing a room with one of their parents. The parents had decided that it was “inappropriate” for the young couple to stay together in the same room, without ever discussing this change with the couple themselves.
This unexpected and intrusive move left the young couple feeling disrespected and frustrated, as they had spent a significant amount of money on the cruise and had hoped for some autonomy during the trip. The boyfriend was considering canceling the entire vacation, despite the financial loss, while the girlfriend was torn between her desire for independence and her fear of confronting her controlling parents. Keep on scrolling down to read it by yourself and make sure you read it till the end.
1. OP’s parents have been protective of her even though she’s an adult, they won’t let her drive past sunset. Moreover, she cannot go to her boyfriend’s house to spend time with his family if he isn’t there.
2. OP told the users that it has been frustrating for her, OP’s parents say that she’s an ungrateful brat and they wish they had better children. They say that they can make better decisions for their kids than they can for themselves
3. OP’s boyfriend hates how her parents don’t trust her
4. OP’s parents booked a cruise as long as OP and her boyfriend paid for themselves, OP and her boyfriend always wanted to go on a cruise but the deal was boyfriend wanted the trip to be for OP and him so they could spend quality time together
5. OP kinda compromised her boyfriend on this one
6. OP and her boyfriend have been saving to move out but this vacation cost them 1100 dollars
7. OP was trying to access the information for the cruise but she found out that the names assigned to each room had been switched up
8. OP found out that she was going live with her mom and her boyfriend was going live with her dad and when she asked about it her mom said that their living together was inappropriate
9. OP feels betrayed as they went behind their backs and changed the room without telling them
10. Now OP is seeking a piece of advice on what to do as she is too afraid to talk about this to her parents
11. Her parents think it is inappropriate for her boyfriend and her to stay in the same room
12. This user advised OP to check into cruise cancellation
13. This user suggested that OP should reschedule the cruise without her parent’s knowledge or approval
14. This user suggested OP to book the trip next time by herself and go without them
15. They are being way too controlling OP’s an adult she can make her decisions
16. At least OP can ask to get their money back, yes they stole this from OP.
17. At some point OP would need to take a stand by herself otherwise this type of thing will keep on going
Let us know your thoughts about this in the comment section below and don’t forget to like and share it with your friends and family. Stay tuned with Defused for more content. Thank You!