Parents who force or impose their interests on their children are the worst kind.
Unfortunately, there are many parents in the world who would shove down their personal interests and likes down to their kid’s throats. From choosing careers of their children to even selecting their life partners, parents have gone to insane extents which are quite ridiculous. However not times are changing and awareness is being created amongst the youngsters. Most of the children have started to react to these things rather than silently absorbing the toxicity. Not only does it have a huge impact on their life but also their psychological health.
We came across a similar story at one of Reddit’s AITA threads where a girl just got tired of her parents being obsessed with Harry Potter and forcing their fandom on their children. The girl thought that now it’s time to react and become rebellious but she still had mixed thoughts about it. She was unsure whether what she did was right or wrong and thought to ask the Reddit community. It’s not only an interesting read but also creates awareness amongst kids and parents. So, let’s get down to the story now, shall we?
1. As the title suggests, I can clearly tell from the start that she is NOT the a-hole!
2. That’s so toxic. I mean why would you shove your fandom down your kid’s throats?
3. It’s so sad how this girl doesn’t consider her family to be normal. Her parents are to be blamed, completely!
4. And she just loses her calm!
5. Anything excessive not only becomes toxic but also harmful.
6. I feel so sorry for her.
7. I’m amazed why this thread even needed validation? She is definitely NTA!
But still, now since she has asked for validation, people decided to jump in with their opinions and we are glad that almost all of them agreed that she wasn’t the a-hole! Some of the comments really cracked me up and I’m pretty sure you would laugh at them too. Grab some popcorns because it’s going to get even more interesting down in the comments below!
8. Acting like jocks but it’s worse as you’re their child!? LOL
9. Here comes a sane voice!
10. Either way, it’s still a bad name.
11. Haha she definitely triggered many people
12. OH GOD! That’s so true. Even I felt old AF.
13. I couldn’t stop laughing at “IRC like discord but for old people” too
14. Finally some acceptance from her Parent’s generation.
15. The truth has been spoken.
16. Can’t believe people really name their kids after their favourite TV shows or movie characters.
17. Oops, definitely not the worst one.
18. OP really is mad.
19. This is what made me feel bad too.
20. Harry Potter fans, are you watching this?
22. Someone could relate to it.
Well, the story comes to an end here and you’d probably be laughing and must have enjoyed the comments too, didn’t you? I certainly did! But on a serious note, parents should never impose their personal interests or likes onto their children. What did you think of the story? Do you have any opinions to give? Feel free to use the comments section below.