Dogs are innocent, unadulterated beings. No matter what, they are devoted to their owners and always delighted to see them. They love us without conditions and never pass judgment on us. Dogs are our best friends since they are there for us no matter the weather. Even when you are at your lowest, a dog will be there to lift your spirits. When you return home to a wagging tail and a huge, slobbery kiss, all your problems disappear. That is the strength of these adorable creatures. Despite how wonderful they are, there are times when individuals have to say goodbye to their animal pals. They might be relocating to a place where pets are not permitted or they might no longer be able to pay to care for the animal.
Giving up a dog is never an easy choice, no matter the motivation. But typically, the owner wants to make sure that their cherished pet is adopted into a loving family. The main focus of this man’s tale is the developing romance with his fiancée. He had to give up his German Shepherd before they moved in because it seems that his future stepson is allergic to pets.
The author of a Reddit post explained that he had put his dog up for adoption and was meticulous about screening prospective owners to find the ideal match. He was fortunate to find a family that would take good care of the dog and keeps in touch. He was cordial with the family before he discovered that they had given his previous dog a new name, though. He even entered their property illegally to instigate a fight. You won’t want to miss this crazy tale. So grab some popcorn and continue reading to find out how the tale turned out.
1. The man made the decision to address the matter with the Reddit community.
2. The original poster (OP) is upset because Willy’s new family changed his name to Rudy.
The post received 12.2k upvotes and 5k comments before going viral. The Reddit community responded to the story as follows:
3. “You gave up any rights and control over their dog when you gave him up.”
Now that you have read the story. it’s time for you to see what Redditors had to say on this. Read till the end to see what are other people’s opinions on this. Don’t forget to share your own opinion at the end of this article too.
4. “You gave up any claim you had to that dog when you turned him over to his new family. Leave them alone, he’s not your dog anymore”
5. “OP, get this through your head: You. Do NOT. Have. A. Dog. You used to. Now you don’t. YTA.”
6. “You better apologize profusely OP, or you’re never going to see Rudy again.”
7. “YTA. They don’t need “permission” from you about anything to do with the dog that is THEIR dog now”
8. “YTA. Leave these poor people the hell alone”
9. “You sound like a crazy person. I’d be terrified of you if I were that family.”
10. “YTA, you were absolutely harassing them by showing up at their house!”
11. “RUDY IS NOT YOUR DOG. YTA and you know it”
12. “YTA, you gave up all rights when you re-homed him.”
13. True that
14.”You had no right to lose it on them, he is no longer your dog.”
This entire tale is depressing. It is obvious that the OP is sentimental about his old dog and would have done everything to keep him. However, his response to the dog’s renaming by the new family might land him in trouble. Being heartbroken at the loss of a pet is one thing, but acting out and attempting to cause trouble for the people who took him in is quite another. The dog needs to be in a decent home where he will be loved and cared for; that is what matters in the end. Any dog lover could not ask for more than that. If you were the OP, how would you respond? Comment below and let us know!
Dreaming of sugarplums