Revenge is never the way to teach your children a lesson. You are instead providing them with a terrible way to deal with situations. This is not a good way to parent and I highly discourage it. But some people have to go through such situations to understand the importance of how terrible they are. You make mistakes to learn…I hope people learn. I hope this mother learned from her mistake in the story we have got for shared by herself.
Reddit user u/Soft_Personality_521 shared her daughter had been going through all sorts of mood swings and feeling a lot of cramp pain due to her period. As a result, she would annoy her brother. One time she got snippy with him while he was playing his favorite game, Fortnite. He decided to take revenge on his sister and threw away all her feminine hygiene products. OP found out about this when her daughter went to change her sanitary pad but couldn’t find any.
OP then decided to take revenge of her own and threw away her son’s Nintendo Switch in the trash as a punishment to teach him a lesson. Her husband thought she went too far and devised a different punishment by taking the Switch out of the trash and locking it away so he couldn’t use it until he fixed his attitude.
She asked the subreddit “Am I The A$$hole?” to know if her way of punishing her son was right or not…as compared to her husband’s. Scroll down below to read the story!
1. A deserving punishment or did the mom go too far? Let’s dive in.
2. Cramp pains and mood swings due to periods are very common things.
3. The mood swings made OP’s daughter go off on her brother who was being really loud while playing Fortnite.
4. To take revenge, Mic threw away all his sister’s hygiene products away. She found out when she went to switch out her pad and couldn’t find any.
5. OP decided to take counter-revenge by throwing away her son’s Nintendo Switch in the trash.
Okay, hear me out. You would think in the first instance that the punishment was rock solid and the son deserved it. But as I gave it a second thought, this act will only reinforce the son’s negative behavior. He will continue taking more revenge and the cycle will keep moving on. I don’t think the mom should have thrown the Nintendo in the trash. There are better ways to teach a lesson.
OP, YTA for doing this!
6. The son started crying as his father quickly took it out of the garbage and instead locked it somewhere the son wouldn’t be able to get it from. He got grounded from using the Switch until he learned his lesson.
7. The husband told OP throwing away the switch was never going to change their son’s behavior.
8. OP said their son should never get his Switch back and that they should give it away to someone else.
9. OP is certain her son losing his Switch forever is a great punishment.
Here’s what the internet had to say about this:
10. What the son did was wrong but what the mother did was even worse.
11. You are only reinforcing their terrible behavior.
12. The mam overreacted that is for sure.
13. Mic’s response was definitely out of order but it was expected that his mother would show some maturity.
14. A point to ponder. From what it looks like, the mom is the child.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“[My] cat tried to give me a heart attack.”