Everyone wants their organization to succeed.
Nobody wants to set up a business just to watch it fail. But success is a long and tiring road. You need to work things effectively and to achieve that, there should be rules and regulations that people must follow. If people follow rules, things will be done in a controlled environment that will take you closer to achieving your goals. Tasks can be completed more efficiently if everything is in order and people aren’t just doing what they want haphazardly. However, some people just aren’t made for setting up rules. Rules should make sense, otherwise, they are of no use. Bosses tend to use a lot of rules that never make sense and sometimes even backfire. This just proves to be more troublesome for the organization. I guess that is what happens when you misuse power.
This Reddit user asked the Internet to share nonsense rules that almost backfired immediately. The Internet did not disappoint us with the replies. Scroll down below and let the Reddit universe entertain you.
1. Covering shifts for overtime.
2. No dating at work.
3. Start work 15 minutes earlier.
4. Get punished for being sprayed.
5. Charging extra for picking kids up late.
6. More detention for not going to detention.
7. Skirts over shorts any day.
8. Can’t afford to risk a break-in.
9. Wear pink for breast cancer awareness month.
10. Get suspended for receiving sexual content.
11. Staff should be contactable on leave.
12. No shorts, but they didn’t say no mini skirts.
13. Only speak a second language if you are a certified translator.
14. Wear ID tags or get sent home.
15. That principal took a big L.
I am sure by now you have enjoyed a good laugh or two. It is amazing to see the downfall of over-smart people. Somehow, you can never outsmart students and staff members. They will always be able to find loopholes. We are still only halfway through the stories. Scroll down below to read the rest of the rules that backfired:
16. Expensive lunch break.
17. Receptionist couldn’t drive to the bank.
18. Thursday Night Trivia.
19. They will take care of it.
20. Use electronic timeclocks.
21. Keep working till your hours are up.
22. Attend all zoom calls.
23. Just say yes policy.
24. Extra laps of the bathroom floor.
25. Phantom alarms.
26. Buy drinks with vouchers.
27. One-way stairways.
28. Less glue in the packaging.
29. All students must wear belts.
30. Use fingerprint sensors.
Have you ever witnessed any rules backfiring? Share your stories with us in the comments below!