Beautiful memories live on forever.
People come and go but their memories never fade. Thanks to cameras, it has captured billions and billions of pictures of the best memories of so many people. Cameras are such a great invention, I can not imagine what would people in today’s generation would do without taking photos. Pictures from our past mean so much to us, they hold a very bittersweet feeling in them. Those pictures are still cherished and always looked at lovingly. They will be passed on from generation to generation. Our memories will be live for so long even if we do not and I think that is such a beautiful thing. To be remembered by our beloved people through photographs.
Whenever we look at our old photographs our hearts ache to relive those beautiful days just one more time but sadly, we can not bring back time or go back in our past to relive our glory days. What we can do is recreate those pictures so they will hold a bigger meaning and more life in them. People on Reddit are recreating their old photos and posting them on subreddit r/PastAndPresentPics. They are so amazing and entertaining. We collected the most beautiful and wholesome ones out of all of them to share with you guys. Keep on scrolling down to see them…
1. “Pop Wanted To Recreate His Childhood Santa Photo.”
2. “My Son’s First Days Of School, K-12.”
3. “Tony Hawk Around 1983 And Earlier This Year At Sanoland In Cardiff, Ca.”
4. This picture on the right recently went viral so the same protagonist recreated it 33 years later.
5. “My Boyfriend And I Discovered We Had Matching Photos As Ninja Turtles-Obsessed Preschoolers. We Knew What Had To Happen Next.”
6. “My Daughter, Age 2 In 1998 On The Left, My Granddaughter, Age Two In 2019 On The Right.”
7. These pictures were taken 23 years apart.
8. This is such an iconic and timeless picture.
9. “17 Years Apart – 2004 Cicada Brood —> 2021 Cicada Brood.”
10. “My Grandma’s Lebanese Passport Picture From 1955 (Left) And Me In The Present (Right). Christmas Gift To My Dad Last Year.”
11. Siblings 24 years later.
12. Every Five Years From 1982-2012 These Five Friends Take The Same Photo Every Time At Their Cabin At Copco Lake In California. They Plan On Adding A 2017 Photo This Summer.
13. “I Have Never Been Particularly Photogenic…”
14. “Passing Down The Baby Express To My Own Son.”
15. “My Sister And I, 1992 And 2014.”
16. “Same Beach, 25 Years Apart.”
17. “15 Years Of Anniversaries. Can You Tell When It Stopped Being Taken With A Digital Camera And Began Being Taken With A Phone?”
18. “My Mom Holding Me 1979 vs. My Mom Holding My Daughter In The Same Dress 2019.”
19. “Brothers In A Bathtub 20 Years Apart.”
20. Now, this is perfect, they still look very much the same.
21. “My Dog, In The Same Spot, At 1 Year Old And 11 Years Old.”
22. “I Found An Old Pic Of Me Playing Computer Games. As It Turns Out I Haven’t Changed Very Much.”
23. “My Sister Got Married Over The Weekend, So We Recreated This Gem From Our Childhood.”
24. The famous photo of a 12 year old Afghan girl known as Sharbat Gula in 1984, photographed again 18 years later.
25. “My Grandma And Dad 1966 vs. 2020.”
I feel so good and happy after seeing these pictures, even though I have no idea who these people are but I feel like a part of their happiness. It must have been so fun recreating these pictures with their families and friends. These photographs have such a big meaning and value to these people. These photographs are filled with nothing but endless happiness and unconditional love. These are such precious photographs and so dear to their owners that no one would want to trade them for anything in the world. Keep on scrolling down to see more of these wholesome recreated photographs…
26. “15 Years Later And We Still Have That Mall Photo Shoot Swagger!”
27. Father, Steve Irwin and son, Robert Irwin photographed feeding the same crocodile 15 years apart. How cool is that?!
28. The photo was taken on the bride’s 3rd birthday with her neighbor who is now her husband.
29. “My Grandpa In The Middle With His Sister Annetta On His Left With Their Best Friends 1927 vs. 1992”
30. “I Came To This Courtroom With My Class In Kindergarten. Today, 14 Years Later, I Finished My Internship With The Judge In The Same Courtroom.”
31. “For My Mom’s 60th Birthday, My Brothers, My Cousin And I Recreated A Photo From My First Day Of Kindergarten.”
32. These pictures are taken only a few months apart.
33. “My Wife And I During A Dance In Sixth Grade And Then On Our Wedding Day.”
34. Old habits die hard.
35. This guy’s transformation from a ten year old Cub Scout to a 27 year old Eagle Scout is amazing.
36. “My Parents Took Pictures Of Us Asleep In Weird Positions When We Were Kids. We Recreated The Photos As Adults, But Just Look Like A Bunch Of Drunks!”
37. “My Son And I Planted Our Faces On A Copier, Then And Now.”
38. Mother on the left in 1980 vs. her daughter in 2014.
39. This is hilarious but so cute.
40. “My Sister And I Graduating Headstart vs. Us Graduating College.”
41. “My Mother Made Me The 2 Year Old Outfit And The 39 Year Old Outfit.”
42. This couple recreated their picture 40 years later. So beautiful!
43. Father and son recreated their picture 34 years later.
44. “Me As A Baby Wearing A Ridiculous Wig vs. Me At 21 With The Hair I Ended Up Growing.”
45. “Couple At Woodstock 48 Hrs After They Met And 50 Years Later.”
46. Forever best friend, always helping with homework.
47. This is the most poignant recreation picture I have seen so far.
48. “It’s All I Wanted For My 60th Birthday.”
49. “Same Pride, Same Couple 25 Years Later (2017).”
I love how each and every photo holds so many emotions in them. There must be so many memories, stories and secrets behind each one of them. They all are just delightful and extremely sweet. It must have been a beautiful experience getting to recreate their favorite memories. I feel sad for the ones who did not make it to recreate it but we must know that their memories will always live on as they do in the hearts of their beloved ones. Which picture was perfectly recreated? Let us know in the comments down below…