Wedding day is the most beautiful day in the world.
There is no doubt in this fact that wedding is a beautiful phenomenon, where two people of opposite genders form an inseparable bond based on love and spend life striving together, helping out each other, and always working together towards a successful and happy life every after. And the day the couple gets married is absolute bliss when everything finally comes together and is executed just how you had planned for it since the day it was decided you are getting married. It is not an easy process, wedding is a huge responsibility, a lot of work goes behind it. Management, planning, schedules, decor, theme, and of course the almighty wedding dress.
There is so much that goes into the decision of selecting the ultimate wedding dress. Mood swings, likings, disliking, color coordination, the work on the dress, it is a headache, to be honest. And when you finally get it and watch yourself for the first time in that dress, as a bride, voila! That image is not easy to get out of your head. And once those albums are created, that beautiful memory pictures forever. And as a woman who cherishes that day and that dress so much, it wouldn’t be right to let it go. Even if they will never wear it again, you still want to keep it as a memory and savor it for the rest of your life.
But in this bride’s case, her husband asked her to return the $400 dress that she got for her wedding. The fiancee obviously refused and turned to Reddit to ask whether she was a jerk for not agreeing to her husband’s request for returning that wedding dress or not.
Let’s read the story ourselves and decide who is in the right and who stands wrong.
Scroll down below to read another chapter in the infamous novel labeled Am I the Asshole?
1. Imagine telling the love of your life to return her wedding dress because it is a waste of resources…
I, as a husband, would never ever make such a mistake. I mean, why would you want her to return it, it is her dress bought with her own money. I wonder what’s the rationale he provided for such an obnoxious request.
2. A couple for two years and got engaged as well. A feat which is not possible to achieve in today’s time.
Hmm, the fiancee does have some issues when it comes to finances. Let’s see how it plays with the whole wedding dress thing.
3. It is a dream of every woman to get the best looking wedding dress they can possibly get.
The husband-to-be being a doctor couldn’t make up time for the wedding dress shopping which is understandable given how hard a doctor’s shift can be.
We’re glad she found a dress she liked for her big day.
4. Uh ho, the bride-to-be’s excitement got dealt with no excitement at all, but dismay.
That would’ve hurt. Given how expensive wedding dresses actually are, $400 does sound like a really good deal judging from the bride’s excitement, the dress must’ve been really good. But having it called expensive and colorless, that must’ve been gut wrenching.
5. Fiancee lectured her on how smart brides save money and she kept providing rationale in support of her argument as well.
Something which she was not obliged to do at all. Her wedding, her dress, it shouldn’t matter to anyone, not even the fiancee.
How can you talk about laws being enforced when wedding only comes once and everyone deserves to spend it ideally.
6. He declared her financially irresponsible and asked her to fix her mistake.
I mean, I can’t really understand who is he to tell her that she’s still got a chance to seek forgiveness if she returns the dress and fixes her mistakes. My god! Red flag!
7. So wanting to look their best got linked to being a spoiled 16 year old. Girl, the real mistake you made was getting engaged with this dude.
My guy actually gave her an ultimatum to return the dress. Lol! Girl you don’t need to return that dress, you need to return that ring.
8. Got called inconsiderate and got told she needs to sort her priorities out, what even…it’s just a dress dude.
See, when people say such things, that’s what makes you reconsider the relationship and makes you question what wrong choices you made to come across such a fool.
9. Golden advice – Ignorance shall be met with ignorance and nothing else.
See, even if it was an overly expensive dress and she shouldn’t have gotten it. There are better ways to communicate your thoughts to your fiancee instead of calling her financially irresponsible, childish, spoiled, and careless. I mean, that’s just so hurtless, especially coming from someone you thought was decent and logical.
I’ll say it, I don’t know what the community has voted and whose side are they on, but this woman is definitely NTA. She did nothing wrong there. The dress was purchased from her own money that she had saved up. And it is the right of every bride to look the absolute best on their big day. So, the fiancee was just being dumb. I mean, he was a doctor and doctors make a lot of money, but this one seems to be an odd path. Watch out, woman. Choose wisely.
Here’s what the internet had to say on the matter:
1. Divorced for a reason, good catch.
2. She should forward this comment to her fiancee.
3. The fiancee basically made a mic out of himself.
4. It’s all about the memories.
5. People confirmed 400 was nothing for a wedding dress.
What’s your take on this? Was she an AH or NTA? It is your turn to vote. Share your thoughts in the comments section down below.