Keep an eye out for these.
Travelling can be really hectic sometimes, especially when you’re doing it for the first time on your own. People can appear really friendly and sometimes really really friendly but it only goes bad when they start asking you for favours like giving them money or making you buy things at a higher price. You need to be really cautious about everything if you take a trip to a foreign country or a city you haven’t visited before. With the sudden rise of technology and the evolution of society, many people have turned towards being con artists and scamming innocent people for their money. In no way that is acceptable and doing so is nothing short of a serious offence. People need to be really really careful about who they should trust or not. Even though at first you might have the fear of getting scammed but after a while, it becomes second nature.
So if you’re planning to take a trip somewhere either now or later, you need to keep an eye out for these 40 scams people would use to rip you off. Have a look at these.
Source: Just the Flight
1. The jewellery dealer and the dodgy doctor. Sketchy to the bone.
2. The fake police and the fake ticket. Two fakes that can get you into deep trouble.
3. Remember people in some of these places can pretend to be really helpful just to rip you off.
4. Do not fall for any of their help or services and if they help you do not feel bad for not paying them.
5. Two ways to pickpocket someone without them even noticing.
6. These two are almost the biggest red flags you should stay away from.
7. Remember you do not have to fall for a guilt trip by any means.
8. Kids can ruin your experience. Just stay away from them if you don’t want to get pickpocketed.
9. These can go from a single scam to multiple scams at a time. Be extremely cautious about these two.
10. Do not let anyone in your room unless there’s a problem and always order directly from the hotel if you’re not going out.
Now some of the cautionary measures we insist you take might sound a bit rude towards the foreigners but you’d be better safe than sorry in these regards. You obviously wouldn’t want your vacations to get ruined by scammers or by losing a big sum of your money or luggage for no reason. People can pretend to be nice to you until get start mugging you and they will call you a lot of things when they’ll get frustrated by you not falling for their tricks but if they threaten you, make sure you have the police number of your respected location on speed dial. Vacations do not come by much each year and you deserve to have a nice trip without anyone ruining it for you. So on your trips, make sure you keep an eye out for scummy locals and so.
11. Do not take anything from the foreigners especially if it’s a bracelet. And punch the guy if he gives a rose to your girlfriend.
12. Be careful of such scammy witches.
13. If you’re out on a vacation, please stay away from streetgames and do not look for any empty wallets.
14. Okay if someone throws anything on your jacket or mugs you while cleaning off your shoes, instantly report to the authorities.
15. keep your phone or camera only in your hand and make sure you stay away from old ladies asking for money.
16. Okay the both of these can put you in a somewhat dangerous situation. Better keep a solid distance from both of these.
17. You need to make sure your google maps work perfectly while travelling and you have done a bit of homework on where you want to go. Remember you can call people out if your Gmaps show whether you’re taking an alternative route or not.
18. For the first one, don’t be kind and ask for all your money back and for the second one, just change the tyre on your own. It’s not that difficult and if you don’t know how to? Just google the instructions.
19. For the train, do not move much and keep an eye on your things and for the second one, make sure you have all your luggage memorised in your mind.
20. Make sure they’re doing non of these things while entertaining you.
And with that, we conclude our list. Most of these scams can be avoided by having a straight mind and reminding yourself not to fall for the over-kindness of people on your trips. If you get into a situation where you get mugged or have your things stolen, your trip can go really bad, and to be very honest no one wants that. People need to be really careful especially when they’re travelling to a foreign country they have no idea about. Some of these scams exist on a worldwide level and by the information given here, these scummy locals can literally trap you with their speech and make you pay a lot for things you wouldn’t otherwise pay for. This does not certainly mean that all the locals are bad people or scammers. You can often come in contact with people who will treat you as if you’re their guest and they’ll look after you to their best of efforts but still, with the number of thieves some of these places are plagued with, you’d be better off minding your own business and enjoying your trip to its maximum potential because that is the sole reason why you’re travelling. Of course, you don’t need to be scared of travelling or taking a trip if you’ve seen all of these points and do a bit of homework by tallying up the places where some of these scams line up.
With that said let us know in the comment section below about some of the scammers you came across while travelling and ways in which people tried to scam you? And have a great day.