As stray and feral cats look for safe, warm places to spend the winter, homeowners will start to notice them lingering around their properties more regularly. Cats may not only find the outdoors challenging, but they also run the risk of doing environmental damage. There may be conflicting opinions on what should be done with stray and feral cats in towns, with some favoring their upkeep and protection and others advocating euthanasia (humane death). The fact that stray and feral cats are domesticated creatures, and we are directly responsible for their destiny, is still the major point.
Cats maintained by human families and occasionally let outside are known as “house cats.” A stray cat, however, is one that was formerly a person’s pet but was subsequently lost or abandoned. The OP noticed that every time the family went for walks, a seemingly stray cat would follow them home. No one has ever seen or heard of the cat’s owner, who is always outside and friendly with everyone. When the OP realized the cat wasn’t neutered or microchipped, they made the decision to adopt the cat. Then a strange woman appears, claiming ownership of the cat without providing any supporting evidence, but the OP was not planning on giving the cat away anytime soon.
1. The OP’s home is frequently followed by a cat that appears to be a stray.
2. The cat would then become our property since his owners aren’t seeking him.
3. This cat is already a part of our family.
4. Claims he’s never taken a pet to the vet and that he couldn’t afford to do so.
5. She had to be forced from our property by the police.
More than a hundred people commented on the Reddit thread, and we’ve compiled a number of them for you here.
6. We never restrained him in any way
7. Whoever would adopt the cat and provide for its betterment
8. Report her if she appears once more.
9. You are in charge of meeting their requirements.
10. She is therefore an unsuitable pet owner.
11. You can accuse these bullies of harassing you.
12. She didn’t even notice the cat was missing
13. That should get them off your back
14. It doesn’t sound like she cared for the cat
15. They are not good pet owners
16. This Redditor might have been more on the fence
17. They let an intact cat roam like an outdoor cat
18. All the characteristics of a fairly typical scam
19. I need to check the side of the road
20. It’s an issue with the more expensive breed
21. If she keeps bugging you, report it to the police.
22. You now see why the young person fled.
23. She would have started looking for the dog right away.
24. It demonstrates how little they care about the cat.
25. She was clearly unable of caring for the cat.
Feral cats are domestic animals that have lost their human owners and turned wild as a result. Stray cats and young wild kittens that are adopted by people may learn social skills and make wonderful companions. The OP’s family has discovered this in their new furry adopted friend, and they won’t let it go. Share your feedback on this one.