Fathers should always support their children.
The relationship between a father and his children is very special. It is that of respect, support, and love. Yes, children aren’t as comfortable sharing secrets and stories with their fathers but that’s why moms exist. Parents are always supposed to behave like parents. And by that, I mean grooming their children into being good persons, educating their children, helping them smoothly enter the real world, and of course always being there when the children need them. If that’s not the case, the relationship between you and your parents is complicated and not moving in the right direction.
Today’s combination of two stories, yes I used an “s” because there are multiple stories, shared by the same Reddit user that touches upon the complications of this relationship. OP is a young woman who graduated college and quickly landed a nice job. The next step in her life was to move out but that decision was not supported by her father. He didn’t want her to move out and things took a worse turn when OP did move out and took the cat with her as well.
We will be sharing with you guys both stories. OP posted them before the members of AITA as well who efficiently did their job to figure out there was more to the matter. The community members enlightened us that the father wasn’t angry just because OP left and took the cat. There were other reasons that fed into his anger and they are not good.
We will be leaving the rest for you guys to read and figure out. Scroll down below to enjoy the story!
1. This is going to be an interesting one.
2. OP’s father isn’t in favor of her moving out.
3. Daughter and father haven’t had the best of relationships either.
4. The cat had some trouble moving but it adapting pretty quickly.
5. The whole moving out was indigestible for OP’s father and his girlfriend as they indirectly called her the AH for doing it.
6. And they won’t stop making her feel bad.
Here’s what the members of the AITA community had to say:
7. The real reason for them being upset is the bank moved out.
8. Who’s going to pay the rent now?
9. OP should look after herself and should ignore whatever anyone says.
Well, that’s so unlike a father the way this odd guy reacted to his daughter leaving. The AITA community members rightfully pointed it out, it wasn’t the daughter nor was it the cat. Her father didn’t want her to leave because she was making money and feeding their buts. With her moving out, her money moved out as well. What a terrible show of behavior from the father, highly unexpected.
OP shared another story, as an update, and here it comes:
10. With time things settled down after what happened in the first story.
11. As soon as OP felt she was back to normal with her dad, he asked for some money to spend on holiday and she gave it to him. A mistake, perhaps?
12. From the caves returned OP’s dad one more time to ask for more money…The Redditors were right. It was the money he only cared about.
13. OP refused to give her father any more money and of course that made him angry about her moving out all over again. The dots connect.
14. She would’ve paid if he needed money for help but they needed it for leisure and she wasn’t going to contribute any of her hard-earned money to that.
15. So unfortunate that the father cared more about his daughter’s money than his daughter.
16. It is what it is.
Here are some comments from the update post:
17. Such events are often necessary just so you can realize how terrible the other person is. OP realized her father’s true worth through this experience.
18. A super sad reality that OP now has to live with.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this double-story special. I know you guys have a lot to say and that too without any filters, the comment section down below is all yours.
Stay tuned for more stories!
Meet Geo. He is only 8 months old but has the heart of a 30-year-old Superman. One day he turned into a superhero when he saw a kid named Charlie Riley about to be hit by a truck. Geo sprinted as fast as he could to push Charlie out of the truck’s way. Geo got hit by the truck and run over in the process. The dog survived the accident but got heavily injured.