Parents love their children to the moon and would literally do anything for them. As a parent, you want to provide your child with the best possible life, so you must go through a very challenging process of upbringing your little one. It is the make or break. You basically put your kid in a position where it can decide what personality it wants to take on for the rest of his/her life. That decision would depend entirely on the upbringing.
I agree that parenting is about providing your child with all the love you want, something I just mentioned above, but in the process, parents often showcase a bit of hypocrisy which has been seen passed down through generations and I am sure the torch will kept being passed on forever and ever. I call this behavior hypocritical in the eyes of the children because it puts them under the impression that their parents are allowed to do whatever they want, but their children are not. It’s like a “if you can do it, why can’t I” kind of question if you think of it that way.
So, let’s not wait any further and go through these 10 hypocritical behaviors seen exhibited by parents during the overall parenting process. Scroll down below to enjoy!
1. Why do we see our parents eat food whenever they want but we only get it at fixed time slots?
2. Why are my parents allowed to sleep together when I have no one to sleep with and always have to do it alone?
3. Why is it that whenever my mom feels cold, instead of putting an extra layer on herself she puts one on me?
4. Why does my mom only agree to 1 out of 10 things I tell her to do but I have to do every single thing she asks me to?
5. Why did they put a screen time restriction of 20 minutes per session on my phone when they get to have unlimited hours of it?
The hypocritical behaviors of our parents have been presented in the form of questions from children to make the understanding better and clearer for everyone. And when you read them, it really makes you go “Oh, yes! This really is something very hypocritical that our parents have been doing.”
I really hope you absorb the lightness in this as well. The idea is to just cherish the whole process of parenting…this funny hypocrisy is a part of it.
6. Why am I demanded to share everything with but when I ask your secrets you always change the topic?
7. You always tell me to get up and move on every time I fall but why doesn’t the same motivational speech work when I give it to you, Dad?
8. It is okay that I had a breakup because I am still young and my feelings will change, but yours will sustain permanent damage.
9. You always tell me to not worry, but why are you so expressive with your feelings about everything that happens with you, Mommy?
10. So I should always express my thoughts freely without any fear but at the same time you say “I fear public opinion.” I don’t see how this will work for me.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“I bought my cat the legal title of a Lord and one square foot of land over which he may rule. His Lordship remains unimpressed.”