When a woman gets pregnant, her husband should make sure she feels healthy and happy. There are a lot of sacrifices the husband has to make in this regard but it is all for the wellbeing of his pregnant wife and their yet-to-be-born child. Wives really like it when their husbands do caring things for them like bringing them gifts, cuddling and kissing them, and hosting events like a baby shower.
Speaking of the baby shower, this is an event we see take place so much in this era and wives really love it. Today’s story also revolves around this event. But not the one with a happy outcome. Reddit user u/throwaway_192833 shared his in-laws are celebrators and love celebrating any event that comes up. His take on this is the opposite. OP doesn’t like celebrating such events because he thinks it is too much effort and a waste of money.
His take was the same about baby showers. OP, his wife, and his SIL attending a friend’s baby shower and since then his wife had been hinting at having her own baby shower hosted. OP’s MIL got involved and wanted OP to be a part of it saying it would make his wife really happy. OP however rejected this idea saying the event would result in nothing and would only be a waste of money.
Scroll down below to read the story!
1. Wives really love baby showers so I don’t know how this would go in OP’s favor. Let’s read!
2. OP’s in-laws love celebrating events. He likes it but isn’t a big fan of this vibe.
3. He believes celebrating every single event you can possibly think of is a waste of money.
4. OP thinks when comparing, he is more careful when it comes to financial spending compared to his wife and in-laws.
5. Recently OP went on a baby shower of his wife and SIL’s mutual friend and noticed that his wife really liked the idea of it.
6. Because she is pregnant with their second child, she had been hinting at OP to host a baby shower for her.
7. For their first child, they didn’t have any baby shower but this time OP’s MIL got involved and wanted him to make it happen for the second child.
8. OP tried telling her indirectly that he is not interested but that didn’t work as MIL was fully prepared to host her daughter’s baby shower event. She even asked OP for a potential date.
9. I think I know exactly how this is going to go.
10. OP made it very clear that he did not want a baby shower to happen. He said the idea was a waste of resources.
I know the story hasn’t ended yet but OP is a major AH here. Brother, you didn’t host one for your wife when she was pregnant for the first time and she let it slide in hopes that you might do it the second time around, but you are just being arrogant. This is for your wife, for your upcoming baby. Who else do you wish to spend your money on? Where do you plan to keep all that money?
People like OP spend years and years saving billions of dollars and then they d*e, not being able to spend a single penny out of their savings. They just keep working and struggling to never eat the fruit they created with their effort.
Host the babyshower or YTA, OP!
11. OP kept bringing in the factor of effort and money to shut down the idea of the baby shower.
12. OP told his MIL they can do whatever they want but he would not be a part of it.
13. He said there are other things on his priority list that are far above hosting a baby shower for his wife.
14. OP’s SIL told him he didn’t care enough for his wife.
15. OP shared this was an unfair misrepresentation and that he truly loved his wife.
16. The matter made OP knock on the doors of the AITA community to know if his decision was right or wrong.
Here’s what the internet thought about this:
17. Celebrate your happy relationships, you id*ot!
18. The MIL wanted to host the event. They didn’t ask for anything from him. They just wanted his approval and participation. And he still said “no”.
19. This event was about your wife and your baby.
20. Honestly, had he been good with money he should have had enough money saved to host a baby shower.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“I am a beer now.”