In the complex world of family dynamics, conflicts can sometimes arise, leaving us pondering questions and seeking advice. Today, we dive into a Reddit post where a new mother shares her predicament regarding her strained relationship with her mother-in-law (MIL). As we explore this scenario, we aim to shed light on possible resolutions and offer insights into maintaining family harmony amidst adversity.
The Reddit post begins with the OP recounting a history of tension between herself and her MIL. The situation escalated when, during her pregnancy, her MIL displayed possessiveness over the unborn child, sparking discomfort. Additionally, living under the same roof for a few months intensified the situation, as emotions ran high, and the author prepared for the arrival of her first child.
During the pregnancy, the MIL’s behavior became increasingly overbearing. She began making plans to keep the baby overnight, even though this had not been discussed, and insisted that the child was “her baby.” Tensions further escalated due to the author’s heightened emotions during her pregnancy.
Keep on scrolling down to read the full story in OP’s own words and we will see you at the end of the article.
1. Is OP an A-hole for not wanting her mother-in-law to be with her baby without her being around?
2. OP says that her mother-in-law and she have a strained relationship and that there has always been some tension but it got worse when OP was around 7 months
3. OP says her MIL was a bit overbearing with their unborn baby saying she was her baby
4. The baby was very attached to OP since she was a SAHM, every time her mother-in-law would hold her the baby would cry and scream. And now that she has grown she doesn’t scream and cry when MIL holds her
5. Now OP’s MIL wants more quality time with their baby to bond
6. OP invited her MIL to shop but instead, she wanted to watch the baby so she declined to go with them
7. OP’s husband wants to drop off their baby at her house while they go shopping but according to OP it is weird because they usually go together for shopping
8. OP said to her husband that she’s not comfortable with dropping their baby off with someone who doesn’t like her
9. Now OP wants to know if she’s an A-hole for getting in the way of their relationship
10. This user thinks that OP’s husband sounds a bit enmeshed with his mother
11. Exactly why would you agree to leave your child with someone who is hostile towards you
12. This Redditor asked OP what made her think that she had to do something to apologize
13. This Redditor told OP to stop apologizing because she did nothing wrong
14. This Redditor told OP to ask her husband why she needed to have the baby alone
15. This Redditor told OP to stand up for herself
16. This Redditor told OP to not leave her daughter alone with her mother-in-law not even for a minute
17. Couldn’t agree more
18. This Redditor smells something fishy
19. This Redditor said that OP has a husband problem
20. This Redditor hopes that OP’s husband learns how to be a good husband
This is it, folks, this was the story let us know what you think about it down below in the comments section, and make sure to like and share this article with your friends and family and stay tuned for more content like this with Defused. Thank You!