Some canines are not suitable for inexperienced owners or those who are unable to dedicate sufficient time to them. And the Akita is one of them. Many individuals make the mistake of selecting their pets primarily on their appearance. You should select a breed that is compatible with your way of life. One experienced dog breeder on Reddit refused to sell a puppy to his own brother because he wasn’t ready. Look at this fascinating story. It’s really refreshing to see a respectable dog breeder. “I am a breeder of Japanese Akita dogs.” They are wonderful creatures and make good friends. They are, however, not without flaws. Strangers do not appeal to them. They might be aggressive to other dogs of the same gender.
“My brother piped up and said he would buy it, for a discount. His kids got all wide-eyed and excited. I didn’t want to disappoint them but I know I could easily find my puppy home and declined. I like to know my dogs are getting a good home. I am not a puppy mill. As I said Akitas are sort of well known for being dickish towards other dogs of the same sex. And while my brother is a very good pet owner, his dog is not really well trained. He is a happy, healthy, adult dog that knows and usually obeys the basic commands. You can’t train an Akita that way. They need to obey.”
Read the whole story as follows and don’t forget to areas what Redditors had to say on this.
2. He is a knowledgeable and responsible Akita breeder. And he is well aware of the breed’s positive and negative aspects.
3. OP believes Akita is too much for his brother.
4. Some of his family members are now criticising him for his decision.
5. Redditors believe the OP did nothing wrong.
6. The OP wants his brother to read the responses, according to a dog care professional.
7. They advise OP’s brother to conduct research.
8. He is not considering the repercussions.
9. Nicely explained
10. Could not agree more
12. His brother is really a lost cause
13. Nobody knows your lines better than you do
14. There are no bad breed of dogs
15. Clearly NTA
16. We all know that puppies need attention, socialization, and training.
Share your thighs on this story as your feedback matters a lot. If you want more such content to be coming your way, stay tuned with us!