Beggars can’t be choosers.
We are all very familiar with this phrase. And in very plain English what this means is that someone who is literally begging, for one thing, is in no position to make demands. For example, if you see a beggar on the side of the road and decide to give them some money, they are not in the position to say “give me more”. This is where the whole concept got derived from and has evolved into what we witness today. This statement applied to us as kids when our parents would go get us a bag right before school would start again but in a color that we aren’t a fan of. No, as a kid I was not in the position to make demands so indirectly my mom and dad would hit me with a “beggars can’t be choosers” every year. This phrase applies perfectly where you being a good person is considered an opportunity to exploit that goodness by being demanding. Even though we all have a pretty firm idea that beggars can’t be put in a position to choose, there are so many of them still doing it, publicly over the internet. Unfortunately for them, nothing on the internet stays hidden for long and such beggars get publicly shamed and get called out for being choosers.
There’s an entire subreddit known as r/ChoosingBeggars dedicated to these beggars being publicly called out for exploiting the niceness of nice people. The community has over 2.2 million members. Let’s enjoy some hilarious instances of such beggars being called out that we have compiled for you guys.
Scroll down below for some hilarity!
1. Just take the money back if they want more.
2. You use Hunt’s? Eww. Well, give it here then and find yourself a Heinz from somewhere else.
3. Please, never ask us to work for less.
4. It’s like he is trying to tax the stores for his services.
5. Sing for us but we will not pay you, instead you will get a promotional post. No thanks.
6. Is this person even hearing himself?
7. I would hit this person back with a “no, I’d pass”. For free.
8. She really did think she would bend him emotionally by involving her daughter.
9. My guy really thought he would get a free filet mignon to taste.
10. Beggar caught trying to choose and got put in their place.
11. $2.13 per hour. They are trying to hire a slave.
12. I think she missed another zero in that amount.
13. Is this person really for real?
14. Good luck with finding that mama.
15. Just check out those obnoxious demands.
16. An entry-level job with 10-15 years of experience? Where I am supposed to get all of that? In the womb?
17. Tried to get a discount on their bill in exchange for a promotional post. Got rejected and started putting bad reviews about the restaurant on their Instagram.
18. A $100 dollars wouldn’t even cover a normal day? Where does she live?
19. This beggar was found choosing in a roommate finder group.
20. Can we have some free groceries because the other company gives them but it isn’t as high quality as yours.
These people, by reading through these events, seem to have that high sense of entitlement that Karens have. You guys also witnessed that similarity, right? Their egos blind them good enough to fully forget who they are and where they belong. And that’s why they get hilariously caught and shamed. I hope you guys are enjoying this one because we’ve got a lot more stories.
Scroll down below to continue enjoying more beggars being called out on the internet for being choosers. I really cannot stop laughing at some of the ones we just went through.
21. This is such a stupid trend these influencers have started. Does she look like she can’t afford a meal?
22. They are expecting a donation.
23. Nice try!
24. Nice and short. That’s how I like my arguments.
25. $400 for a roommate who will live in the bathroom. Sure.
26. Here, have one. I have 10 parked back in my garage. No worries.
27. From $300 to direct $20. They would paint you a straight line for that amount.
28. $0.52 per hour for a babysitter. $125 sounded cool at first but not after the hours.
29. I am sure he just walked right back to his car and left after hearing the rates.
30. Girls, he is taking applications for a girlfriend. Apply now and shoot your shot.
31. He is looking for a girlfriend who must have an IQ above 130. Haven’t heard of such demand ever in my life. No wonder he didn’t make friends in high school.
32. The laugh reaction on the post say it all.
33. That amount comes down to $2 per hour.
34. Trying to get a wedding photographer booked for free.
35. Oof, the entitlement.
36. Do my work and pay me.
37. I don’t think your idea attracted the editor.
38. A house swap. That’s a first.
39. Paying the man in pizza. Is he being serious?
40. By my handy and also pay me $700 every month for that. Do you hear me?
I really hope you guys enjoyed these beggars being hilariously caught. Do share your thoughts in the comments section down below.
Stay tuned for more!